Jennifer S Lee
Affiliation: University of California
- Subclinical thyroid dysfunction and incident hip fracture in older adultsJennifer S Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, 95817, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:1876-83. 2010..We sought to determine prospectively whether older men and women with subclinical hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism have an increased risk of hip fracture...
- Prospective study of endogenous circulating estradiol and risk of stroke in older womenJennifer S Lee
Division of Endocrinology, Clinical Nutrition, and Vascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis, 4150 V Street, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Arch Neurol 67:195-201. 2010..Stroke incidence increases after menopause, when endogenous estrogen levels fall, yet exogenous estrogen increases strokes in older postmenopausal women. The relation between endogenous estrogen and stroke is unclear...
- Associations of serum sex hormone-binding globulin and sex hormone concentrations with hip fracture risk in postmenopausal womenJennifer S Lee
Division of Endocrinology, Clinical Nutrition, and Vascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1796-803. 2008..Endogenous estradiol, testosterone, and SHBG may influence the risk of hip fracture...
- The development of memory for own- and other-race facesGail S Goodman
Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Exp Child Psychol 98:233-42. 2007..During young childhood, developmental influences on face processing operate on a system sufficiently plastic to preclude, under certain conditions, the cross-race effect...
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma in women: reproductive factors and exogenous hormone useJennifer S Lee
Division of Endocrinology, Clinical Nutrition, and Vascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA, USA
Am J Epidemiol 168:278-88. 2008..51, 1.2), and of follicular lymphoma (OR = 0.75, 95% CI: 0.46, 1.2). Results suggest that endogenous and exogenous reproductive hormones confer different risks by NHL subtype and are associated with a reduced risk of DLCL in women...
- Estrogen, aging and the cardiovascular systemJames P Stice
Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Future Cardiol 5:93-103. 2009..The unexpected negative results of trials of estrogen replacement postmenopause probably arise from our lack of understanding of the many effects of this hormone...
- Cardiovascular disease in women--challenges deserving a comprehensive translational approachJennifer S Lee
Department of Medicine, University of California, Davis, UC Davis Medical Center, CTSC, 2921 Stockton Blvd, Suite 1400, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 2:251-5. 2009....
- Standardization of steroid hormone assays: why, how, and when?Frank Z Stanczyk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Women s and Children s Hospital, Room 1M2, 1240 North Mission Road, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1713-9. 2007..These criteria would allow validation of sensitivity, specificity, precision, and accuracy of current steroid hormone assay methodology and provide surrogates until a true gold standard can be developed...
- Making sense of puzzling genetic association studies: a team approachJennifer S Lee
Ann Intern Med 145:302-4. 2006
- Cystatin-C, renal function, and incidence of hip fracture in postmenopausal womenAndrea Z LaCroix
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1434-41. 2008..To evaluate the association between chronic kidney disease and incident hip fracture using serum cystatin-C as a biomarker of renal function calculated without reference to muscle mass...
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations and risk for hip fracturesJane A Cauley
University of Pittsburgh, Department of Epidemiology, 130 DeSoto Street, Crabtree A524, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:242-50. 2008..The relationship between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH) vitamin D] concentration and hip fractures is unclear...
- Comparison of methods to measure low serum estradiol levels in postmenopausal womenJennifer S Lee
San Francisco Coordinating Center, California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3791-7. 2006..Accurate measurement of low serum estradiol (E(2) < 30 pg/ml or < 110 pmol/liter) is needed to study relationships between endogenous E(2) and risks of diseases in older women...
- Sex hormones, risk factors, and risk of estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer in older women: a long-term prospective studySteven R Cummings
California Pacific Medical Center, Coordinating Center, Suite 600, 74 New Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1047-51. 2005..Women at high risk of ER+ cancer would be the most likely to benefit from these treatments, but the best approach to predicting ER+ cancer is uncertain...