Jay M Lee
Affiliation: University of California
- IL-27 inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition and angiogenic factor production in a STAT1-dominant pathway in human non-small cell lung cancerPuja Kachroo
Lung Cancer Research Program, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 32:97. 2013..In this study, we investigated the role of IL-27 in regulating EMT and angiogenesis through modulation of the STAT pathways in human non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) cells...
- Inflammation in lung carcinogenesis: new targets for lung cancer chemoprevention and treatmentJay M Lee
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, UCLA Lung Cancer Research Program, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 66:208-17. 2008..The understanding of molecular mechanisms involved in inflammation and lung carcinogenesis provide insight for new drug development that target reversible, non-mutational events in the chemoprevention and treatment of lung cancer...
- Vitamin D-mediated hypercalcemia and Cushing syndrome as manifestations of malignant pleural mesotheliomaJay M Lee
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Endocr Pract 14:1011-6. 2008..To report a case of coincident hypercalcemia and Cushing syndrome arising from mesothelioma...
- Inflammation, epithelial to mesenchymal transition, and epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor resistanceKostyantyn Krysan
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:107-10. 2008..Here we focus on the potential contribution of inflammatory mediator-induced resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- Smoking and lung cancer: the role of inflammationTonya Walser
Lung Cancer Research Program, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 37 131 CHS, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1690, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 5:811-5. 2008..Full definition of these pathways will afford the opportunity to intervene in specific inflammatory events mediating lung tumorigenesis and resistance to therapy...
- Development of transcriptomic biomarker signature in human saliva to detect lung cancerLei Zhang
School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 69:3341-50. 2012..These results poised the salivary biomarkers for the initiation of a multi-center validation in a definitive clinical context...
- Inflammation and lung carcinogenesis: applying findings in prevention and treatmentKatherine A Peebles
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Hospitalists, Department of Medicine, UCLA Lung Cancer Research Program, CA, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:1405-21. 2007..These newly discovered molecular mechanisms in the pathogenesis of lung cancer provide novel opportunities for targeted therapy and prevention in lung cancer...
- Single-institution, multidisciplinary experience with surgical resection of primary chest wall sarcomasPuja Kachroo
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Thorac Oncol 7:552-8. 2012..Primary chest wall sarcomas are rare mesenchymal tumors and their mainstay of therapy is wide surgical resection. We report our single-institution, multidisciplinary experience with full-thickness resection for primary chest wall sarcomas...
- Myeloid suppressor cells and immune modulation in lung cancerMinu K Srivastava
University of California Los Angeles and Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles, CA, USA
Immunotherapy 4:291-304. 2012..Specific genetic signatures in lung cancer modulate the activities of MDSCs and impact tumor progression. Targeting MDSCs may have a long-term antitumor benefit and is at the forefront of anticancer therapeutic strategies...
- Elevated neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin contributes to erlotinib resistance in non-small cell lung cancerKostyantyn Krysan
Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Los Angeles, CA
Am J Transl Res 5:481-96. 2013..Correlations between plasma neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin (NGAL) levels, erlotinib response and the EGFR mutational status were assessed in advanced stage NSCLC patients treated with erlotinib...
- Pre-clinical characterization of GMP grade CCL21-gene modified dendritic cells for application in a phase I trial in non-small cell lung cancerFelicita Baratelli
UCLA Lung Cancer Research Program of the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Transl Med 6:38. 2008..These results have provided the rationale to generate a clinical grade adenoviral vector encoding CCL-21 for ex vivo transduction of human DC in order to assess intratumoral administration in late stage human lung cancer...
- Myeloid suppressor cell depletion augments antitumor activity in lung cancerMinu K Srivastava
Department of Medicine, UCLA Lung Cancer Research Program, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40677. 2012..We evaluated the mechanistic role of MDSC depletion on antigen presenting cell (APC), NK, T cell activities and therapeutic vaccination responses in murine models of lung cancer...
- TLR3 agonists and proinflammatory antitumor activitiesSherven Sharma
UCLA Lung Cancer Research Program, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA 1 310 478 3711 ext 41863 1 310 268 4807
Expert Opin Ther Targets 17:481-3. 2013..Herein, we summarize the TLR3 agonists that will hopefully come to clinical fruition...
- Snail promotes CXCR2 ligand-dependent tumor progression in non-small cell lung carcinomaJane Yanagawa
Lung Cancer Research Program, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, 37 131 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1690, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:6820-9. 2009..However, other important Snail-dependent malignant phenotypes have not been fully explored. Here, we investigate the contributions of Snail to the progression of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Chest wall sarcomas are accurately diagnosed by image-guided core needle biopsyPuja Kachroo
Division of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Thorac Oncol 7:151-6. 2012..Accurate preoperative diagnosis is a prerequisite in considering investigational or institutional management algorithms that include neoadjuvant treatment. We reviewed our experience using core needle biopsy for chest wall sarcomas...
- Surgical management of endobronchial solitary fibrous tumorsPeter S Pak
Lung Cancer Research Program of the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7313, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:659-61. 2010..This report describes the challenging surgical management of an infrequently encountered tumor in a unique location...
- Adenovirus vector-mediated overexpression of a truncated form of the p65 nuclear factor kappa B cDNA in dendritic cells enhances their function resulting in immune-mediated suppression of preexisting murine tumorsJay M Lee
Thoracic Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:3561-9. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of the Rel homology domain (RHD) of the transcription factor, nuclear factor kappa B (NF kappa B), on proinflammatory gene expression in bone marrow-derived dendritic cells (BMDCs)...
- Proteomic analysis of human saliva from lung cancer patients using two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometryHua Xiao
Dental Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 11:M111.012112. 2012..The discriminatory power of these candidate biomarkers indicate that a simple saliva test might be established for lung cancer clinical screening and detection...
- Chemokines: can effector cells be redirected to the site of the tumor?Steven M Dubinett
Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles Lung Cancer Research Program, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Cancer J 16:325-35. 2010..We review several areas of chemokine importance in tumor immunity and discuss the experimental evidence that is leading to the clinical use of this cytokine family in new treatment approaches for patients with cancer...
- Resection of thyroid cancer metastases to the sternumJane Yanagawa
Lung Cancer Research Program of the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Thorac Oncol 4:1022-5. 2009..Overall, we demonstrate that radical resection of sternal metastases can be performed safely even in patients with poor prognosis to achieve palliation and potentiation of radioiodine therapy for concurrent metastases...
- Incidental Mediastinal Dose Does Not Explain Low Mediastinal Node Recurrence Rates in Patients With Early-Stage NSCLC Treated With Stereotactic Body RadiotherapyJean Claude M Rwigema
Department of Radiation Oncology, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
Clin Lung Cancer 15:287-93. 2014..We determined incidental SBRT doses to assess whether this could account for the low rates of recurrence...
- Adenovirus vector-mediated transfer of the vascular endothelial growth factor cDNA to healing abdominal fascia enhances vascularity and bursting strength in mice with normal and impaired wound healingManeesh Ailawadi
Thoracic Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Surgery 131:219-27. 2002..We hypothesized that adenovirus-mediated transfer of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF121) complementary DNA (cDNA) to murine laparotomy fascial wounds would enhance vascularity and bursting strength...
- Intratumoral expression of macrophage-derived chemokine induces CD4+ T cell-independent antitumor immunity in miceJay M Lee
Deparment of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Immunother 26:117-29. 2003..h)..