Daniel C Lee
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- LPS- induced inflammation exacerbates phospho-tau pathology in rTg4510 miceDaniel C Lee
Byrd Alzheimer s Institute, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Neuroinflammation 7:56. 2010....
- Amyloid oligomers exacerbate tau pathology in a mouse model of tauopathyMaj Linda B Selenica
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, USF Health Byrd Alzheimer s Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Neurodegener Dis 11:165-81. 2013..We aimed to investigate the influence of oligomeric forms of β-amyloid (Aβ) and the influence of the duration of exposure on the development of tau phosphorylation...
- Diverse activation of microglia by chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2 overexpression in brainMaj Linda B Selenica
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, Byrd Alzheimer Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
J Neuroinflammation 10:86. 2013..The chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2 (CCL2) is a monocyte chemoattractant protein that mediates macrophage recruitment and migration during peripheral and central nervous system (CNS) inflammation...
- Chronological age impacts immunotherapy and monocyte uptake independent of amyloid loadQingyou Li
USF Health Byrd Alzheimer s Institute, Tampa, FL 33613, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 7:202-14. 2012..We conclude that preclinical studies should be conducted in aged animal models as well as young mice to better prepare for unintended consequences in the human trial...
- Intracranial injection of AAV expressing NEP but not IDE reduces amyloid pathology in APP+PS1 transgenic miceNikisha Carty
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Byrd Alzheimer s Institute, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, Tampa, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e59626. 2013..As such, they may be considered reasonable candidates for gene therapy trials in AD...
- Aging enhances classical activation but mitigates alternative activation in the central nervous systemDaniel C Lee
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Neurobiol Aging 34:1610-20. 2013..Importantly, selective transcripts were induced at all ages by CKT-1, whereas selective gene transcripts induced by CKT-2 decreased with age suggesting an age-related reduction in the IL-4/ IL-13 signaling pathway...
- Fractalkine overexpression suppresses tau pathology in a mouse model of tauopathyKevin R Nash
Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology Department, Byrd Alzheimer Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Neurobiol Aging 34:1540-8. 2013..These data argue that agonism at fractalkine receptors might be an excellent target for therapeutic intervention in tauopathies, including those associated with amyloid deposition...
- Trafficking CD11b-positive blood cells deliver therapeutic genes to the brain of amyloid-depositing transgenic miceLori Lebson
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Neurosci 30:9651-8. 2010..Moreover, these data support the results from bone marrow grafts that circulating CD11b+ cells can enter the CNS without requiring the use of lethal irradiation...
- Chemical manipulation of hsp70 ATPase activity regulates tau stabilityUmesh K Jinwal
Departments of Molecular Medicine, USF Health Byrd Alzheimer s Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33613, USA
J Neurosci 29:12079-88. 2009..These findings reveal an entirely novel path toward therapeutic intervention of tauopathies by inhibition of the previously untargeted ATPase activity of Hsp70...