Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Habenula lesions cause impaired cognitive performance in rats: implications for schizophreniaLucas Lecourtier
NS Research, WSJ 386 262, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 19:2551-60. 2004..The results are consistent with a role of the habenula in cognition, and with the view that pathology of the habenula may contribute to the cognitive impairments of schizophrenia...
- Impaired cognitive performance in rats after complete epithalamus lesions, but not after pinealectomy aloneLucas Lecourtier
NS Research, WSJ 386 262, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland CNRS UMR 5106, Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives, Universite de Bordeaux 1, Avenue des Facultes, 33405 Cedex Talence, France
Behav Brain Res 161:276-85. 2005..Thus, loss of pineal function causes no deficits in these behaviours and does not alter the qualitative pattern of deficits resulting from habenula damage...
- A conductor hidden in the orchestra? Role of the habenular complex in monoamine transmission and cognitionLucas Lecourtier
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, 446 Crawford Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 31:658-72. 2007..Electrophysiological studies indicate a role in metaplasticity, the modulation of neuroplasticity. These studies thus reveal important roles of the habenular complex in learning, memory and attention...
- Habenula lesions alter synaptic plasticity within the fimbria-accumbens pathway in the ratL Lecourtier
NS Research, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Neuroscience 141:1025-32. 2006..Finally, this study suggests that dysfunction of the habenula could contribute to cognitive alterations in diseases such as schizophrenia, where the habenula is reported to exhibit exaggerated calcification...
- Differential tonic influence of lateral habenula on prefrontal cortex and nucleus accumbens dopamine releaseLucas Lecourtier
Center for Neuroscience, A210 Langley Hall, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:1755-62. 2008....
- Redistribution of GABAB(1) protein and atypical GABAB responses in GABAB(2)-deficient miceMartin Gassmann
Pharmazentrum, Department of Clinical Biological Sciences, University of Basel, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
J Neurosci 24:6086-97. 2004..It is therefore possible that functional GABAB receptors exist in neurons that naturally lack GABAB(2) subunits...
- Bilateral lesions of the habenula induce attentional disturbances in ratsLucas Lecourtier
Psychiatry Program, Neuroscience Research, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:484-96. 2005..Implications of these findings for the hypothesis that habenula dysfunction is involved in cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia are discussed...
- Positive allosteric modulation of metabotropic glutamate 5 (mGlu5) receptors reverses N-Methyl-D-aspartate antagonist-induced alteration of neuronal firing in prefrontal cortexLucas Lecourtier
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:739-46. 2007....