Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- B lymphocytes: how they develop and functionTucker W Lebien
Department of Laboratory Medicine Pathology, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 112:1570-80. 2008..Despite the significant advances that have been made at the cellular and molecular levels, there is much more to learn, and cross-disciplinary studies in hematology and immunology will continue to pave the way for new discoveries...
- Arginine: an unusual dietary requirement of pre-B lymphocytes?Tucker W Lebien
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1411-3. 2002
- Murine and human IL-7 activate STAT5 and induce proliferation of normal human pro-B cellsSonja E Johnson
The Cancer Center, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 175:7325-31. 2005..Our results support a model wherein IL-7 transduces a replicative signal to normal human B-lineage cells that is complemented by additional stromal cell-derived signals essential for normal human B cell development...
- Enhancement of stress-induced apoptosis in B-lineage cells by caspase-9 inhibitorNisha Shah
Cancer Center and Department of Laboratory Medicine/Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 104:2873-8. 2004..These collective results suggest that a 4-amino acid caspase inhibitor of caspase-9 can promote apoptosis and that at least some types of apoptotic pathways in B-lineage ALL do not require caspase-9...
- IL-7 activates the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT pathway in normal human thymocytes but not normal human B cell precursorsSonja E Johnson
The Masonic Cancer Center and Department of Laboratory Medicine Pathology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 180:8109-17. 2008..The different induction of PI3K/AKT may at least partially explain the different requirements for IL-7 during human T and B cell development...
- DIFFERENTIATIVE PROGRAMS OF LYMPHOID PROGENITOR CELLSTUCKER LEBIEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..The collective results from these studies will enhance our understanding of the normal developmental program of human B lymphocytes and perturbations in the program that can give rise to leukemia and immunodeficiency. ..
- MEDICAL SCIENTIST TRAINING PROGRAMTUCKER LEBIEN; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- DIFFERENTIATIVE PROGRAMS OF LYMPHOID PROGENITOR CELLSTUCKER LEBIEN; Fiscal Year: 1993..4) Studies are underway to clone the genes encoding gp40/BA-1, p24/BA-2, and gp/100/CACCA/BA-3 using mouse L cell transfection and subtractive hybridization. (LB) ..
- DIFFERENTIATIVE PROGRAMS OF LYMPHOID PROGENITOR CELLSTUCKER LEBIEN; Fiscal Year: 1999....