Genomes and Genes
Andrew D Leavitt
Affiliation: University of California
- Are there more tricks in the bag for treating thrombocytopenia?Andrew D Leavitt
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0100, USA
J Clin Invest 120:3807-10. 2010..In this issue of the JCI, Fuentes et al. present provocative data regarding the use of direct megakaryocyte infusions as a novel approach to manage this vexing clinical problem...
- Homologous recombination in human embryonic stem cells: a tool for advancing cell therapy and understanding and treating human diseaseAndrew D Leavitt
Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Transl Sci 4:298-305. 2011..Herein, we review the current status of homologous recombination in hESCs, a gene targeting technique that is sure to continue to improve, and to play an important role in realizing the maximal human benefit from hESCs...
- A critical function for B-Raf at multiple stages of myelopoiesisTamihiro Kamata
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, Room S 577, San Francisco, CA 94143 0100, USA
Blood 106:833-40. 2005..Together, these data suggest that B-Raf plays a cell-autonomous role in megakaryocytopoiesis and a permissive role in myeloid progenitor development...
- Subpopulations of human embryonic stem cells with distinct tissue-specific fates can be selected from pluripotent culturesFrank W King
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 1346, USA
Stem Cells Dev 18:1441-50. 2009..This co-culture approach also will enable identification of other distinct hESC subpopulations, and selection for these should prove valuable in generating tissue-specific reagents for cell-based therapy...
- Raf-1 is not required for megakaryocytopoiesis or TPO-induced ERK phosphorylationTamihiro Kamata
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0100, USA
Blood 103:2568-70. 2004..These unexpected findings demonstrate that Raf-1 is dispensable for megakaryocytopoiesis, and for thrombopoietin-induced ERK1/2 activation in primary megakaryocyte-lineage cells...
- Caspase-12: a developmental link between G-protein-coupled receptors and integrin alphaIIbbeta3 activationSteven W Kerrigan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, Rm S 577, San Francisco, CA 94143 0100, USA
Blood 104:1327-34. 2004....
- Using retroviruses to express genes in primary megakaryocyte lineage cellsMeenakshi Gaur
Department of Laboratory and Internal Medicine, University of California, San Franciso, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 273:381-96. 2004
- A method for single-cell sorting and expansion of genetically modified human embryonic stem cellsCory R Nicholas
Human Embryonic Stem Cell Center, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, San Francisco, CA 94143 0556, USA
Stem Cells Dev 16:109-17. 2007....