Kenneth A Lawson
Affiliation: University of Texas
- Outpatient antibiotic prescribing in the United States: 2000 to 2010Grace C Lee
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
BMC Med 12:96. 2014....
- Identifying patient characteristics associated with high schizophrenia-related direct medical costs in community-dwelling patientsPooja R Desai
University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, 2409 University Ave, Stop A1930, Austin, TX, US 78712, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 19:468-77. 2013..S. population and has disproportionately high costs. Several factors, including age, gender, insurance status, and comorbid conditions, have been hypothesized to be associated with schizophrenia- related costs. ..
- Utilization patterns of stimulants in ADHD in the Medicaid population: a retrospective analysis of data from the Texas Medicaid programKenneth A Lawson
Center for Pharmacoeconomic Studies, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Clin Ther 34:944-956.e4. 2012..Thus, little is known about these utilization patterns in Medicaid populations, which typically have demographic and clinical characteristics that differ from those of employer-based groups...
- Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole or clindamycin for community-associated MRSA (CA-MRSA) skin infectionsChristopher R Frei
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 23:714-9. 2010..Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMX) and clindamycin are often used as first-line treatment options, but clinical data are lacking...
- Differences in national antiretroviral prescribing patterns between black and white patients with HIV/AIDS, 1996-2006Christine U Oramasionwu
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, TX, USA
South Med J 104:794-800. 2011..This project therefore sought to determine whether the reason for this discrepancy in health outcomes could be attributed to disparities in use of antiretroviral therapy between black and white patients with HIV...
- Evaluating HIV/AIDS disparities for blacks in the United States: a review of antiretroviral and mortality studiesChristine U Oramasionwu
The University of Texas at Austin, College of Pharmacy, Austin, Texas, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:1221-9. 2009..Further research is needed to support or refute the hypothesis that there are inequalities for blacks with HIV/AIDS...
- Comparison of the claim percent gross margin earned by Texas community independent pharmacies for dual-eligible beneficiary claims before and after Medicare Part DAngela L Winegar
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, University Station, A1900, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 49:617-22. 2009..To describe dual eligibles' claims before and after Medicare Part D and to evaluate the effect that Medicare Part D has had on the claim percent gross margin (CPGM) earned by Texas community independent pharmacies...
- Patient adherence and reimbursement amount for antidiabetic fixed-dose combination products compared with dual therapy among Texas Medicaid recipientsChelim Cheong
Pharmacy Administration Department, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712 0127, USA
Clin Ther 30:1893-907. 2008..Little is known about the potential for improved adherence with and cost savings of fixed-dose combination therapy (FDCT) products compared with analogous dual therapy for type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Patient satisfaction with a pharmacist-provided telephone medication therapy management programLeticia R Moczygemba
Pharmacy Administration Division, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 6:143-54. 2010..Patient satisfaction with medication therapy management (MTM), a required component of the Medicare Part D benefit, is an important outcome to consider when evaluating MTM programs...
- Adherence to oral antidiabetic medications in the pediatric population with type 2 diabetes: a retrospective database analysisAyoade O Adeyemi
Health Outcomes and Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
Clin Ther 34:712-9. 2012..The knowledge of adherence rates in the pediatric population with type 2 diabetes might help improve the care given to pediatric patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Influence of attitudes on pharmacists' intention to report serious adverse drug events to the Food and Drug AdministrationPaul Gavaza
Appalachian College of Pharmacy, Oakwood, VA 24631 College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station A190, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 72:143-52. 2011..To investigate the influence of pharmacists' attitudes on intention to report serious adverse drug events (ADEs) to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)...
- Retrospective cohort study of hospitalized adults treated with vancomycin or clindamycin for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin infectionsChristopher R Frei
College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Clin Ther 32:2024-9. 2010..Vancomycin alternatives, including clindamycin, have in vitro activity against current strains of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), but clinical evidence of their effectiveness is needed...
- Evaluating equivalence and noninferiority trialsAnandaroop Dasgupta
Center for Pharmacoeconomic Studies, Division of Pharmacy Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, 2409 University Avenue, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 67:1337-43. 2010..The conceptual issues related to the design of equivalence and non-inferiority trials and considerations for interpreting the findings of such trials are described...
- Black race as a predictor of poor health outcomes among a national cohort of HIV/AIDS patients admitted to US hospitals: a cohort studyChristine U Oramasionwu
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA
BMC Infect Dis 9:127. 2009..To investigate the impact of these factors, we compared hospital mortality and length of stay (LOS) between Blacks and Whites with HIV/AIDS while adjusting for differences in these key characteristics...
- Comparison of mail-order with community pharmacy in plan sponsor cost and member cost in two large pharmacy benefit plansMichael Johnsrud
University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station, Mail Code A1930, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 13:122-34. 2007..Unfortunately, little research exists based on empirical data to determine the net plan cost and member cost for mail-order drugs, as opposed to having these drugs dispensed by community pharmacies...
- Pharmacy students' learning styles before and after a problem-based learning experienceSuzanne Novak
The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, 78712, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 70:74. 2006..To determine learning-style scores of second-year pharmacy students before and after a problem-based learning (PBL) teaching experience and to evaluate the relationships between scores and demographic variables...
- Temporal relationship between use of NSAIDs, including selective COX-2 inhibitors, and cardiovascular riskStephen P Motsko
University of Texas at Austin School of Pharmacy, Austin, Texas, USA
Drug Saf 29:621-32. 2006..e. etodolac, nabumetone and salsalate), and selective COX-2 inhibitors...