Ruth A Lawrence
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Mastitis while breastfeeding: old theories and new evidenceRuth A Lawrence
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics, and Gynecology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Epidemiol 155:115-6. 2002
- Peer support: making a difference in breast-feeding durationRuth A Lawrence
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY 14642, USA
CMAJ 166:42-3. 2002
- Lower breastfeeding rates among supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children participants: a call for actionRuth A Lawrence
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Pediatrics 117:1432-3. 2006
- Tribute to Paul GyÃ¤rgyRuth A Lawrence
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Breastfeed Med 1:41-2. 2006
- Comparison of the cariogenicity of cola, honey, cow milk, human milk, and sucroseWilliam H Bowen
Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Pediatrics 116:921-6. 2005..We chose to examine sucrose, cola drink, honey, human milk, cow milk, and water because some of these have been associated with development of early childhood caries, although direct experimental evidence is lacking...
- Breast milk and infectionRobert M Lawrence
Division of Pediatric Immunology and Infectious Diseases, University of Florida College of Medicine, Health Science Center, Gainesville, FL 32610 0296, USA
Clin Perinatol 31:501-28. 2004..Decisions about breast milk and infection should balance the potential risk compared with the innumerable benefits of breast milk...
- Standing on the shoulders of giantsRuth A Lawrence
Breastfeed Med 3:101-2. 2008
- Co-sleeping and breastfeeding: is it safe?Ruth A Lawrence
Breastfeed Med 3:1. 2008
- The eradication of poverty one child at a time through breastfeeding: a contribution to the global theme issue on poverty and human development, October 22, 2007Ruth A Lawrence
Breastfeed Med 2:193-4. 2007
- The Macy-GyÃ¶rgy Award for 2006Ruth A Lawrence
Breastfeed Med 2:1-2. 2007
- The evidence for growth standards and iron in moderation and exclusive breastfeedingRuth A Lawrence
Breastfeed Med 1:205-6. 2006
- Parental responses to infant crying and colic: the effect on breastfeeding durationCynthia R Howard
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14621, USA
Breastfeed Med 1:146-55. 2006..Breastfeeding is recognized as an effective method of calming infants, but the relationship of colic and the use of breastfeeding to remedy infant crying have not been tested for any effects on breastfeeding duration...
- Growth charts: will the breastfed infant be the standard everywhere?Ruth A Lawrence
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of, Medicine and Dentistry, Golisano Children s Hospital at Strong, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 777, Rochester, NY 14642
Breastfeed Med 1:125-6. 2006
- Six months of exclusive breastfeeding: continuing the discussionRuth A Lawrence
Breastfeed Med 2:61-2. 2007
- Conclusions, research needs, and recommendations of the expert panel: technical workshop on human milk surveillance and research for environmental chemicals in the United StatesCheston M Berlin
Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 65:1929-35. 2002
- Randomized clinical trial of pacifier use and bottle-feeding or cupfeeding and their effect on breastfeedingCynthia R Howard
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Pediatrics 111:511-8. 2003....
- Comparison of breast- and formula-fed normal newborns in time to first stool and urineMirela Metaj
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York at Buffalo and Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14222, USA
J Perinatol 23:624-8. 2003..000) factor in predicting time to first stool. CONCLUSION: Type of feeding did not predict time to first stool but gestational age was important even in this near-term and term population of infants > or =34 weeks gestation...
- A systematic review of the literature associating breastfeeding with type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetesJulie Scott Taylor
Department of Family Medicine, Brown Medical School, Pawtucket, RI 02860, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 24:320-6. 2005..Women with diabetes should be strongly encouraged to breastfeed because of maternal and childhood benefits specific to diabetes that are above and beyond other known benefits of breastfeeding...
- Conclusions and recommendations of the expert panel: technical workshop on human milk surveillance and biomonitoring for environmental chemicals in the United StatesCheston M Berlin
Department of Pediatrics, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 68:1825-31. 2005
- Human milk research for answering questions about human healthRichard Y Wang
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 68:1771-801. 2005..Human milk research designed to answer questions regarding health will require additional resources to meet these objectives...
- Lactation support when the infant will require general anesthesia: assisting the breastfeeding dyad in remaining content through the preoperative fasting periodRuth A Lawrence
University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York, USA
J Hum Lact 21:355-7. 2005
- Breastfeeding and the use of human milkLawrence M Gartner
Pediatrics 115:496-506. 2005..The policy statement delineates various ways in which pediatricians can promote, protect, and support breastfeeding not only in their individual practices but also in the hospital, medical school, community, and nation...
- ABM clinical protocol #5: peripartum breastfeeding management for the healthy mother and infant at term revision, June 2008Caroline J Chantry
Breastfeed Med 3:129-32. 2008