Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Depression among HIV-positive individuals in Botswana: a behavioral surveillanceKathy Lawler
Center for AIDS Research, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
AIDS Behav 15:204-8. 2011..These instruments can diagnose depression in persons living with HIV in developing countries, which will help to target those at risk for poor adherence, and will enable better allocation of limited resources...
- Watering flowers in the rain: The elusive nature of executive dysfunction in HIVElizabeth L Lewis
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Neurosci Rural Pract 2:97-100. 2011..These behavioral observations can be particularly important in rural resource-limited settings, where cognitive testing is often limited to standardized mental status examinations...
- Neurocognitive impairment among HIV-positive individuals in Botswana: a pilot studyKathy Lawler
Center for AIDS Research, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 13:15. 2010....
- Neurobehavioral effects in HIV-positive individuals receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in Gaborone, BotswanaKathy Lawler
Center for AIDS Research and Botswana UPenn Partnership, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17233. 2011..To explore the prevalence and features of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders (HANDS) in Botswana, a sub-Saharan country at the center of the HIV epidemic...
- Depression in HIV-positive women in Gaborone, BotswanaElizabeth L Lewis
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6073, USA
Health Care Women Int 33:375-86. 2012..Diagnosis of depression is of great importance, not only clinically, but also to ensure judicious allocation of scarce medical resources in the regions worst affected by the HIV epidemic...
- Rapid psychosocial function screening test identified treatment failure in HIV+ African youthELIZABETH LOWENTHAL
General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA, USA
AIDS Care 24:722-7. 2012..In 692 HIV-infected treated children (ages of 8-< 17 years) in Botswana, having a high score on the PSC was associated with having virologic failure (OR 1.7, 95% CI: 1.1-2.6). The PSC may be a useful screening tool in pediatric HIV...
- Hippocampal volumetry and functional MRI of memory in temporal lobe epilepsyDawn Mechanic-Hamilton
Center for Functional Neuroimaging, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Epilepsy Behav 16:128-38. 2009..These findings support continued investigation of the utility of MRI and fMRI in the presurgical evaluation of TLE...
- The King-Devick test and sports-related concussion: study of a rapid visual screening tool in a collegiate cohortKristin M Galetta
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Neurol Sci 309:34-9. 2011..We performed a study of the K-D test as a rapid sideline screening tool in collegiate athletes to determine the effect of concussion on K-D scores compared to a pre-season baseline...