Elizabeth A Laugeson
Affiliation: University of California
- Evidence-based social skills training for adolescents with autism spectrum disorders: the UCLA PEERS programElizabeth A Laugeson
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza, Ste 48 243B, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:1025-36. 2012..Examination of durability of improvement revealed maintenance of gains in nearly all domains with additional treatment gains at a 14-week follow-up assessment...
- Parent-assisted social skills training to improve friendships in teens with autism spectrum disordersElizabeth A Laugeson
UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 39:596-606. 2009..Possibly due to poor return rate of questionnaires, social skills improvement reported by teachers was not significant. Future research should provide follow-up data to test the durability of treatment...
- Social skills training for young adults with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders: a randomized controlled pilot studyAlexander Gantman
Department of Psychiatry, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, 760 Westwood Plaza, Suite 48 243B, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 42:1094-103. 2012..Results support the effectiveness of using this caregiver-assisted, manualized intervention for young adults with ASD...
- A controlled social skills training for children with fetal alcohol spectrum disordersMARY J O'CONNOR
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 74:639-48. 2006..Teachers did not report improvement as a function of social skills treatment. The findings suggest that children with FASD benefit from CFT but that these social skills gains may not be observed in the classroom...
- Long-term outcomes of parent-assisted social skills intervention for high-functioning children with autism spectrum disordersJosh Mandelberg
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Autism 18:255-63. 2014....
- Translation of an evidence-based social skills intervention for children with prenatal alcohol exposure in a community mental health settingMARY J O'CONNOR
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:141-52. 2012..However, it remains unclear whether these children can be effectively treated using manualized, evidence-based interventions that have been designed for more general mental health populations...