Wei C Lau
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Clopidogrel-drug interactionsEric R Bates
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:1251-63. 2011....
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographic assessment of the effect of protamine on paraprosthetic aortic insufficiency immediately after stentless tissue aortic valve replacementWei C Lau
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 15:1175-80. 2002..Protamine administration is associated with resolution of small AI jets immediately after implantation of a stentless aortic bioprosthesis, with a jet width 0.3 cm or less strongly predictive of resolution...
- Atorvastatin reduces the ability of clopidogrel to inhibit platelet aggregation: a new drug-drug interactionWei C Lau
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Circulation 107:32-7. 2003..Because atorvastatin is metabolized by cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4, we hypothesized that clopidogrel might be activated by CYP3A4...
- Contribution of hepatic cytochrome P450 3A4 metabolic activity to the phenomenon of clopidogrel resistanceWei C Lau
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Health System, 1G323 University Hospital, Box 0048, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0048, USA
Circulation 109:166-71. 2004..Because the prodrug clopidogrel is activated by hepatic cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4, we hypothesized that interindividual variability in clopidogrel efficacy might be related to interindividual differences in CYP3A4 metabolic activity...
- The effect of St John's Wort on the pharmacodynamic response of clopidogrel in hyporesponsive volunteers and patients: increased platelet inhibition by enhancement of CYP3A4 metabolic activityWei C Lau
Cardiovascular Center, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5861, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 57:86-93. 2011..0002) and increased platelet inhibition (23% ± 11% vs. 41% ± 16%, P = 0.002). SJW may be a future therapeutic option to increase CYP metabolic activity and antiplatelet effect of clopidogrel in hyporesponders...
- Antiplatelet drug resistance and drug-drug interactions: Role of cytochrome P450 3A4Wei C Lau
Medical Director Cardiovascular Center Operating Rooms, Cardiovascular Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Pharm Res 23:2691-708. 2006..Further investigation or guidelines are needed to optimize antiplatelet treatment strategies to identify and treat patients resistant to aspirin and/or clopidogrel...
- Controversies in antiplatelet therapy for patients with cardiovascular diseaseEric R Bates
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
Circulation 111:e267-71. 2005
- Impact of adding aspirin to Beta-blocker and statin in high-risk patients undergoing major vascular surgeryWei C Lau
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center, Ann Arbor, MI Electronic address
Ann Vasc Surg 27:537-45. 2013..In this study we evaluated the benefits of adding aspirin (A) to BB and S (ABBS), with/without angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE-I) on postoperative outcome in high-risk patients undergoing major vascular surgery...
- Formation of the thiol conjugates and active metabolite of clopidogrel by human liver microsomesHaoming Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5632, USA
Mol Pharmacol 82:302-9. 2012..These factors may affect the effective concentrations of the AM in vivo...
- Perioperative practice: time to throttle backVineet Chopra
University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5853, USA
Ann Intern Med 152:47-51. 2010..Our society demands better care at lower cost; in perioperative medicine, it is time for us to throttle back...
- Loading, pretreatment, and interindividual variability issues with clopidogrel dosingEric R Bates
Circulation 111:2557-9. 2005
- Omeprazole: a possible new candidate influencing the antiplatelet effect of clopidogrelPaul A Gurbel
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:261-3. 2008
- Clinical significance of the atorvastatin-clopidogrel drug-drug interactionWei C Lau
Circulation 110:e66-7; author reply e66-7. 2004
- Drug-drug interactions involving antiplatelet agentsEric R Bates
Eur Heart J 24:1707-9. 2003
- Clopidogrel resistance: implications for coronary stentingPaul A Gurbel
Sinai Center for Thrombosis Research, Baltimore, Maryland 21215, USA
Curr Pharm Des 12:1261-9. 2006..The mechanisms of the response variability to clopidogrel remain incompletely defined. The contribution of intra- and extracellular pathways are under investigation...