Joan A Largent
Affiliation: University of California
- Recent breast cancer incidence trends according to hormone therapy use: the California Teachers Study cohortSarah F Marshall
Department of Epidemiology, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 224 Irvine Hall, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Breast Cancer Res 12:R4. 2010..Few data sources can address breast cancer incidence trends according to pertinent characteristics like hormone therapy use history...
- Pregnancy-related factors and the risk of breast carcinoma in situ and invasive breast cancer among postmenopausal women in the California Teachers Study cohortHuiyan Ma
Department of Population Sciences, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Breast Cancer Res 12:R35. 2010....
- Hypertension, antihypertensive medication use, and breast cancer risk in the California Teachers Study cohortJoan A Largent
Department of Epidemiology, College of Health Sciences, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 7555, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:1615-24. 2010..We investigated the association between hypertension, antihypertensive (AH) medication use, and breast cancer in a large prospective study, the California Teachers Study (CTS)...
- Effect of reproductive factors on stage, grade and hormone receptor status in early-onset breast cancerJoan A Largent
Epidemiology Division, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:R541-54. 2005..The objective of the present study was to examine the relationship between reproductive events and tumor stage, grade, estrogen receptor and progesterone receptor status, and survival in women diagnosed with early-onset breast cancer...
- Reproductive history and risk of second primary breast cancer: the WECARE studyJoan A Largent
Epidemiology Division, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 7555, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:906-11. 2007..Women with an initial breast cancer diagnosis are at elevated risk of developing subsequent cancer in the contralateral breast. Studies of reproductive factors and contralateral breast cancer (CBC) have provided inconsistent results...
- Hypertension, diuretics and breast cancer riskJ A Largent
Department of Medicine, Epidemiology Division, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 7555, USA
J Hum Hypertens 20:727-32. 2006..Use of other blood pressure medications was not found to be associated with breast cancer risk. These results support a positive association between treated hypertension, diuretic use and breast cancer risk among women aged 50-75 years...
- Meat consumption, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use, and mortality among colorectal cancer patients in the California Teachers StudyJason A Zell
Genetic Epidemiology Research Institute, Department of Epidemiology, University of California at Irvine, 92697, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:865-75. 2010..These findings have implications for CRC survivorship and tertiary CRC prevention...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: effects on mortality after colorectal cancer diagnosisJason A Zell
Genetic Epidemiology Research Institute and Department of Epidemiology, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 7550, USA
Cancer 115:5662-71. 2009..The authors investigated the association between prediagnosis NSAID use and mortality after CRC diagnosis among women in the California Teachers Study cohort...
- Leukemia survival in children, adolescents, and young adults: influence of socioeconomic status and other demographic factorsErin E Kent
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Irvine, 224 Irvine Hall, Irvine, CA 92697 7555, USA
Cancer Causes Control 20:1409-20. 2009..We explored the relationship between SES and survival as modified by age and race/ethnicity using data from the California Cancer Registry...
- Socioeconomic Impacts on Survival Differ by Race/Ethnicity among Adolescents and Young Adults with Non-Hodgkin's LymphomaErin E Kent
Department of Epidemiology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 7550, USA
J Cancer Epidemiol 2010:824691. 2010..001). Reduced overall and lymphoma-specific survival was associated with lower SES in AYAs with NHL, although a significant trend was only observed for NHWs...