Martin J LaPage
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Verapamil in infants: an exaggerated fear?Martin J LaPage
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, CS Mott Children s Hospital, University of Michigan, 1540 E Hospital Drive, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 34:1532-4. 2013..This article reviews the relatively limited evidence that led to this well-known contraindication and highlights the interesting process by which medical practice may evolve in the absence of persuasive science. ..
- Utility of intrathoracic impedance monitoring in pediatric and congenital heart diseaseMartin J LaPage
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 36:994-9. 2013..The utility of cardiac device-based intrathoracic monitoring (OptiVol, Medtronic Inc., Minneapolis, MN, USA) for congestive heart failure (CHF) exacerbation has not been evaluated in pediatric or congenital heart disease patients...
- Novel ryanodine receptor 2 mutation associated with a severe phenotype of catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardiaMartin J LaPage
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Pediatr 161:362-4. 2012..She tested positive for a novel mutation of the ryanodine receptor. The report underscores how genetic arrhythmia syndromes may be mistaken for neurologic disorders...
- Update on rhythm mapping and catheter navigationMartin J LaPage
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 26:79-85. 2011..This review will summarize the most recent developments in three-dimensional electroanatomic mapping and in catheter navigation...
- Safety and results of cryoablation in patients <5 years old and/or <15 kilogramsMartin J LaPage
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Cardiol 108:565-71. 2011..Cryoablation's effect on the coronary arteries has not been fully elucidated and requires additional research...
- Cardiac implantable electronic device remote monitoring surveillance in pediatric and congenital heart disease: Utility relative to frequencyBrynn E Dechert
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan Electronic address
Heart Rhythm 12:117-22. 2015..Heart Rhythm Society expert consensus provides recommendations for surveillance monitoring of cardiac implantable electronic devices (CIEDs), but limited data are available for the pediatric and congenital heart disease population...
- Arrhythmogenic channelopathy syndromes presenting as refractory epilepsyMatthew A Hazle
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Pediatr Neurol 49:134-7. 2013..Children and young adults with potentially lethal cardiac channelopathies often present to medical care with a history of syncope or seizures due to episodic ventricular arrhythmias and associated cerebral hypoperfusion...
- Transseptal access in pediatric and congenital electrophysiology procedures: defining riskJohannes C von Alvensleben
University of Michigan, 1540 E Hospital Dr, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 41:273-7. 2014..The specific complication risk of this procedure has not been determined. This study assesses the risk of TSP using a single standard technique during electrophysiology study (EPS) in pediatrics and congenital heart disease (CHD)...
- Adenosine mapping for adenosine-dependent accessory pathway ablationMartin J LaPage
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 37:610-5. 2014..The technique allows for successful mapping and ablation of these pathways...
- Pattern of recovery for transient complete heart block after open heart surgery for congenital heart disease: duration alone predicts risk of late complete heart blockPeter F Aziz
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, C S Mott Children s Hospital, 1540 East Hospital Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5204, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 34:999-1005. 2013..Follow-up evaluation of AVC is particularly indicated for the delayed recovery group...