Christopher D Lao
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Dose escalation of a curcuminoid formulationChristopher D Lao
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, 2150 CCGC, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0930, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 6:10. 2006..However, few systematic studies of curcumin's pharmacology and toxicology in humans have been performed...
- Targeting events in melanoma carcinogenesis for the prevention of melanomaChristopher D Lao
University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Center DriveAnn Arbor, MI 48109 0848, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:1559-68. 2006..We will review the data for several promising agents, including statins, curcumin, resveratrol, silymarin and green tea, and discuss some importance issues and concepts that should be considered in any melanoma chemoprevention strategy...
- Features predicting sentinel lymph node positivity in Merkel cell carcinomaJennifer L Schwartz
University of Michigan Health System, 1910 Taubman Center, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0314, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1036-41. 2011..Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) is a relatively rare, potentially aggressive cutaneous malignancy. We examined the clinical and histologic features of primary MCC that may correlate with the probability of a positive sentinel lymph node (SLN)...
- Irreversible ototoxicity associated with difluoromethylornithineChristopher D Lao
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:1250-2. 2004..This is the first case reported of irreversible ototoxicity in a clinical trial participant receiving DFMO and, thus, trial participants should be made aware of this small but important risk...
- Dysplasia in Barrett esophagusChristopher D Lao
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer 100:1622-7. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: The confirmed low prevalence of cases of LGD will affect the design of future clinical trials of chemopreventive interventions for Barrett esophagus...
- Strategies for prevention of colorectal cancer: pharmaceutical and nutritional interventionsChristopher D Lao
University of Michigan, 2150 Cancer Center and Geriatrics Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 5:417-26. 2004....
- Merkel cell carcinoma: critical review with guidelines for multidisciplinary managementChristopher K Bichakjian
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0314, USA
Cancer 110:1-12. 2007..Finally, the authors have provided treatment guidelines based on the available evidence and their multidisciplinary experience...
- Case 19-2008: Merkel-cell carcinomaSandra L Wong
N Engl J Med 359:1630; author reply 1630-1. 2008
- Development of a Melanoma Chemoprevention ModelCHRISTOPHER LAO; Fiscal Year: 2007..This line of investigation will help determine the importance of NF-kB and 12-LOX in melanoma carcinogenesis and provide an infrastructure for rapid testing of putative Chemoprevention agents and biomarkers in the future. ..