Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Improving outcomes of hospitalized patients: the Physician Relationships, Improvising, and Sensemaking intervention protocolLuci K Leykum
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, Texas, USA
Implement Sci 9:171. 2014..We are currently studying the impact of PRISm on adverse events and complications in hospitalized patients. This manuscript describes the PRISm intervention...
- Manifestations and implications of uncertainty for improving healthcare systems: an analysis of observational and interventional studies grounded in complexity scienceLuci K Leykum
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, TX, USA
Implement Sci 9:165. 2014..We sought to better understand and explain these inconsistencies by analyzing our findings across studies and building new theory...
- Implementation of the Epilepsy Center of Excellence to improve access to and quality of care--protocol for a mixed methods studyMary Jo Pugh
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Implement Sci 9:44. 2014....
- A randomized trial of practice facilitation to improve the delivery of chronic illness care in primary care: initial and sustained effectsMichael L Parchman
MacColl Center for Healthcare Innovation, Group Health Research Institute, Group Health Cooperative, 1730 Minor Ave Suite 1600, Seattle, WA, USA
Implement Sci 8:93. 2013..The purpose of this group-randomized trial is to assess PF as an intervention to improve the delivery of chronic illness care in primary care...
- Use and satisfaction with key functions of a common commercial electronic health record: a survey of primary care providersAnil N Makam
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:86. 2013..Despite considerable financial incentives for adoption, there is little evidence available about providers' use and satisfaction with key functions of electronic health records (EHRs) that meet "meaningful use" criteria...
- Alignment of patient and primary care practice member perspectives of chronic illness care: a cross-sectional analysisPolly H Noel
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
BMC Fam Pract 15:57. 2014..We examined the extent to which practice members' perceptions of how well they organized to deliver care consistent with the CCM were associated with their patients' perceptions of the chronic illness care they have received...
- Understanding differences in electronic health record (EHR) use: linking individual physicians' perceptions of uncertainty and EHR use patterns in ambulatory careHolly Jordan Lanham
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, Veterans Evidence Based Research Dissemination and Implementation Center VERDICT, Austin, Texas, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 21:73-81. 2014..The authors study the differences in individual physicians' EHR use patterns and identify perceptions of uncertainty as an important new variable in understanding EHR use...
- How complexity science can inform scale-up and spread in health care: understanding the role of self-organization in variation across local contextsHolly Jordan Lanham
Veterans Evidence Based Research Dissemination and Implementation Center, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, USA
Soc Sci Med 93:194-202. 2013....
- Same organization, same electronic health records (EHRs) system, different use: exploring the linkage between practice member communication patterns and EHR use patterns in an ambulatory care settingHolly Jordan Lanham
Veterans Evidence Based Research Dissemination and Implementation Center VERDICT, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:382-91. 2012..One potential factor contributing to these differences is within-practice communication patterns. The authors explore the linkage between within-practice communication patterns and practice-level EHR use patterns...
- Relationships within inpatient physician housestaff teams and their association with hospitalized patient outcomesCaitlin McAllister
School of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
J Hosp Med 9:764-71. 2014..Applying the complexity science framework to clinical systems highlights the important role of relationships among providers in influencing system function and clinical outcomes...
- Reciprocal learning and chronic care model implementation in primary care: results from a new scale of learning in primary careLuci K Leykum
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 11:44. 2011....