Aisha T Langford
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Racial and ethnic differences in direct-to-consumer genetic tests awareness in HINTS 2007: sociodemographic and numeracy correlatesAisha T Langford
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Genet Couns 21:440-7. 2012..quot; Although black respondents were generally less aware of DTC genetic tests than white respondents, this relationship appears to be partially mediated by numeracy...
- Ethnic Identity predicts loss-to-follow-up in a health promotion trialAisha T Langford
University of Michigan School of Public Health, Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, United States
Contemp Clin Trials 31:414-8. 2010..This study examined the association between EI and loss-to-follow-up among AAs enrolled in a health promotion intervention to increase fruit and vegetable intake...
- Clinical trial awareness among racial/ethnic minorities in HINTS 2007: sociodemographic, attitudinal, and knowledge correlatesAisha Langford
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health, 109 South Observatory, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Health Commun 15:92-101. 2010..Blacks and Hispanics are significantly less aware of clinical trials. Campaigns that exploit unique beliefs and delivery channels for racial/ethnic subgroups should be considered...
- Increasing donor designation through black churches: results of a randomized trialAnn M Andrews
National Kidney Foundation of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Prog Transplant 22:161-7. 2012..African Americans are disproportionately represented among those awaiting a transplant, but many are reluctant to donate their organs...
- Development of a scale to measure African American attitudes toward organ donationKen Resnicow
University of Michigan, School of Public Health, 109 Observatory, Room 3867 SPH I, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
J Health Psychol 17:389-98. 2012..Among individuals not enrolled, higher scores were observed on scales two and three for those with stronger intentions to enroll...