Affiliation: University of Washington
- Energy density and weight change in a long-term weight-loss trialAndrew Flood
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 6:57. 2009..abstract:..
- Protective buffering and emotional desynchrony among spousal caregivers of cancer patientsShelby L Langer
School of Social Work, University of Washington, WA 98105, USA
Health Psychol 26:635-43. 2007..To examine protective buffering and emotional desynchrony among spousal caregivers of cancer survivors...
- Marital adjustment, satisfaction and dissolution among hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients and spouses: a prospective, five-year longitudinal investigationShelby L Langer
School of Social Work, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Psychooncology 19:190-200. 2010..To examine the trajectory of marital adjustment, satisfaction and dissolution among 121 hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) couples-as a function of role (patient or spouse) and gender...
- Intrapersonal and interpersonal consequences of protective buffering among cancer patients and caregiversShelby L Langer
School of Social Work, Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Cancer 115:4311-25. 2009..In this study, the authors examined the intrapersonal and interpersonal consequences of protective buffering and the motivations for such behavior (desire to shield partner from distress, desire to shield self from distress)...
- Caregiver and patient marital satisfaction and affect following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a prospective, longitudinal investigationShelby Langer
Department of Biobehavioral Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Psychooncology 12:239-53. 2003..Findings offer implications for person-specific and relationship-protective interventions...
- Caregiver desynchrony:Subjective and expressive emotionShelby Langer; Fiscal Year: 2003..As survivorship expands, so too does the pool of long-term CGs. Collectively, this work will serve as a springboard for person-specific and relationship-protective interventions. ..
- Emotional Expression and Cancer CaregiversShelby Langer; Fiscal Year: 2007..In short, findings from this study can serve as a springboard for future research investigations and, ultimately, clinical interventions. ..