Valerie J Lang
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Collaborative development of teaching scripts: an efficient faculty development approach for a busy clinical teaching unitValerie J Lang
Hospital Medicine Division, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Hosp Med 7:644-8. 2012..This study describes a busy hospitalist unit's early experience with the collaborative development of teaching scripts...
- Hazards of hospitalization: hospitalists and geriatricians educating medical students about delirium and falls in geriatric inpatientsValerie J Lang
Hospital Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14624, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 28:94-104. 2008..Hospitalists and geriatricians can effectively partner to increase students' knowledge of two major hazards of hospitalization for geriatric patients...
- Association between hand-off patients and subject exam performance in medicine clerkship studentsValerie J Lang
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box MED HMD, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:1018-22. 2009..Teaching hospitals increasingly rely on transfers of patient care to another physician (hand-offs) to comply with duty hour restrictions. Little is known about the impact of hand-offs on medical students...
- The effect of nonteaching services on the distribution of inpatient cases for internal medicine residentsAlec B O'Connor
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Acad Med 84:220-5. 2009..Nonteaching services (NTSs) are becoming increasingly prevalent in academic hospitals. This study was designed to determine whether the presence of an NTS is associated with higher acuity and altered case mix on the teaching service...
- Restructuring an inpatient resident service to improve outcomes for residents, students, and patientsAlec B O'Connor
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Acad Med 86:1500-7. 2011..This study assesses the effects of a resident teaching service restructuring on resident, student, and patient outcomes...
- Eliminating analgesic meperidine use with a supported formulary restrictionAlec B O'Connor
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Med 118:885-9. 2005..The objective of this study was to measure the effects of a meperidine formulary restriction on the prescribing of parenteral opioid analgesics...
- A complication of forceful nose-blowingAmy Fix
Am J Med 120:328-9. 2007
- Underdosing of morphine in comparison with other parenteral opioids in an acute hospital: a quality of care challengeAlec B O'Connor
Hospital Medicine Division, and Department of Medicine, Palliative Care Program, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Pain Med 7:299-307. 2006..The present study was undertaken to determine: 1) whether different parenteral opioids are dosed equivalently; 2) which patient factors affect equianalgesic dose; and 3) which patient factors affect opioid choice...