Thomas J Lang
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Serum, urinary, and salivary nitric oxide in rheumatoid arthritis: complexities of interpreting nitric oxide measuresJ Brice Weinberg
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 508 Fulton Street, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R140. 2006..Despite interest in the use of NO as a marker of disease activity, alterations in renal NOx clearance and fractional excretion in RA make it difficult to assess in vivo NO production even with strict dietary restriction of NOx intake...
- Increased severity of murine lupus in female mice is due to enhanced expansion of pathogenic T cellsThomas J Lang
Research Service, Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 171:5795-801. 2003..These results demonstrate that the sex of the recipient can influence the expansion of pathogenic T cells, thus increasing long-term the burden of autoreactive T cells and resulting in greater disease severity...
- Estrogen as an immunomodulatorThomas J Lang
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Clin Immunol 113:224-30. 2004....
- In vivo CD86 blockade inhibits CD4+ T cell activation, whereas CD80 blockade potentiates CD8+ T cell activation and CTL effector functionThomas J Lang
Research Service, Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 168:3786-92. 2002..In contrast, CD86 is critical for the activation of naive CD4(+) T cells in either a Th1 or a Th2 cytokine-mediated response...
- Apoptotic splenocytes drive the autoimmune response to poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 in a murine model of lupusThomas Grader-Beck
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Immunol 178:95-102. 2007....