Shih Shan Lang
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Endoscopic microvascular decompression: a stepwise operative techniqueShih Shan Lang
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 74:293-8. 2012..Its adoption in the lateral approach to the posterior fossa has been slower and has been used primarily as an adjunct to conventional microscopic surgical techniques, e.g. endoscope-assisted microsurgery...
- Hyponatremia following endoscopic third ventriculostomy: a report of 5 cases and analysis of risk factorsShih Shan Lang
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 10:39-43. 2012..While the incidence of diabetes insipidus is relatively well known, hyponatremia is not often reported. The authors report on a series of 5 patients with post-ETV hyponatremia...
- Surgical treatment of brain tumors in infants younger than six months of age and review of the literatureShih Shan Lang
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Division of Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
World Neurosurg 78:137-44. 2012..These tumors can be challenging to treat surgically. We analyzed a modern series of patients treated by a multidisciplinary team at a tertiary care center and performed a literature review of this unique population...
- Follow-up imaging to detect recurrence of surgically treated pediatric arteriovenous malformationsShih Shan Lang
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, PA, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 9:497-504. 2012..The aim of this study was to describe the timing of AVM recurrences after resection and the neuroimaging modalities on which the recurrences were detected...
- Monitoring and intraoperative management of elevated intracranial pressure and decompressive craniectomyShih Shan Lang
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Anesthesiol Clin 30:289-310. 2012..Special consideration is made for the anesthetic management of these patients perioperatively...
- Intrarater and interrater reliability of the pediatric arteriovenous malformation compactness score in childrenFabio A Frisoli
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia
J Neurosurg Pediatr 11:547-51. 2013..However, the neuroradiologist and interventional radiologist had perfect agreement, which indicates that the compactness score is applied most accurately by those with extensive angiography experience...
- Paradoxical activation and RAF inhibitor resistance of BRAF protein kinase fusions characterizing pediatric astrocytomasAngela J Sievert
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:5957-62. 2013....
- Successful management of refractory intracranial hypertension from acute hyperammonemic encephalopathy in a woman with ornithine transcarbamylase deficiencyLinda C Wendell
Department of Neurology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurocrit Care 13:113-7. 2010..Excess ammonia in the brain is metabolized to glutamine, which increases intracellular osmolarity and contributes to cytotoxic edema...