Raphael J Landovitz
Affiliation: University of California
- Epidemiology, sexual risk behavior, and HIV prevention practices of men who have sex with men using GRINDR in Los Angeles, CaliforniaRaphael J Landovitz
UCLA Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, UCLA Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
J Urban Health 90:729-39. 2013..99-1152]). Men recruited via GRINDR were high risk for HIV acquisition or transmission and interested in clinical trial participation, suggesting potential for this method to be used for recruitment of YMSM to HIV prevention trials. ..
- A novel combination HIV prevention strategy: post-exposure prophylaxis with contingency management for substance abuse treatment among methamphetamine-using men who have sex with menRaphael J Landovitz
UCLA Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:320-8. 2012..Findings demonstrate that PEP, when combined with CM, is safe, feasible, and acceptable as an HIV prevention strategy in methamphetamine-using MSM...
- Phase II study of vicriviroc versus efavirenz (both with zidovudine/lamivudine) in treatment-naive subjects with HIV-1 infectionRaphael J Landovitz
Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA
J Infect Dis 198:1113-22. 2008..We report the results of a phase II dose-finding study of VCV plus dual nucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) in the treatment-naive HIV-1-infected subjects...
- Availability of HIV postexposure prophylaxis services in Los Angeles CountyRaphael J Landovitz
University of California, Los Angeles, Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Clin Infect Dis 48:1624-7. 2009..5%) offer postexposure prophylaxis. Ten sites (8.5%) offer postexposure prophylaxis to patients who are uninsured. General availability of postexposure prophylaxis should be a public health priority...
- Sexual risk behaviors and acceptability of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis among HIV-negative gay and bisexual men in serodiscordant relationships: a mixed methods studyRonald A Brooks
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:87-94. 2012..The findings suggest that PrEP only be offered as part of a comprehensive HIV prevention strategy that includes ongoing risk reduction counseling in the delivery of PrEP to help moderate risk compensation...
- Sexual risk trajectories among MSM in the United States: implications for pre-exposure prophylaxis deliveryHeather A Pines
Departments of Epidemiology Biostatistics, Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA Departments of Family Medicine Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, CA Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA David Ostrow and Associates, LLC Chicago, IL The Chicago MACS, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL Department of Behavioral and Community Health Sciences, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA and Department of Medicine, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 65:579-86. 2014..To inform the development of targeted PrEP delivery guidelines, sexual risk trajectories among HIV-negative MSM were characterized...
- Occupational and nonoccupational postexposure prophylaxis for HIV in 2009Raphael J Landovitz
University of California Los Angeles, Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Top HIV Med 17:104-8. 2009..Landovitz, MD, at the IAS-USA continuing medical education course held in Los Angeles in February 2009. The original presentation is available as a Webcast at www.iasusa.org...
- Motivators, concerns, and barriers to adoption of preexposure prophylaxis for HIV prevention among gay and bisexual men in HIV-serodiscordant male relationshipsRonald A Brooks
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
AIDS Care 23:1136-45. 2011..The findings suggest the need for a carefully planned implementation program along with educational and counseling interventions in the dissemination of an effective PrEP agent...
- Preexposure prophylaxis for HIV preventionTheodoros Kelesidis
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 8:94-103. 2011..This article provides a review of the data on the potential strengths and limitations of PrEP as an HIV prevention strategy, identifies challenges to implementation of this approach, and outlines knowledge gaps...
- Recent efforts in biomedical prevention of HIVRaphael J Landovitz
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Top HIV Med 15:99-103. 2007..This article summarizes a presentation on biomedical prevention of HIV infection made by Raphael J. Landovitz, MD, at an International AIDS Society-USA Continuing Medical Education course in Los Angeles in March 2007...
- Antiretroviral rounds. Immediate ART after an OI: are we there yet?Philip Grant
AIDS Clin Care 20:74-5. 2008
- Updated guideline for occupational postexposure prophylaxis for HIVRaphael J Landovitz
AIDS Clin Care 20:15. 2008