Genomes and Genes
James R Lambert
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Prostate derived factor in human prostate cancer cells: gene induction by vitamin D via a p53-dependent mechanism and inhibition of prostate cancer cell growthJames R Lambert
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Cell Physiol 208:566-74. 2006..These data demonstrate that PDF exerts antitumorigenic properties on PCa cells and its regulation by 1,25D may provide insights into the action of 1,25D in PCa...
- p53 controls prostate-derived factor/macrophage inhibitory cytokine/NSAID-activated gene expression in response to cell density, DNA damage and hypoxia through diverse mechanismsJulie A Kelly
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Denver, 12801 E 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cancer Lett 277:38-47. 2009..Thus, PDF may represent a novel target of p53 in response to cell stress...
- Aberrant HOXC expression accompanies the malignant phenotype in human prostateGary J Miller
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Cancer Res 63:5879-88. 2003..We speculate that HOXC overexpression may predispose tumor cells to androgen independence by necessitating adaptation to diminished androgen signaling...
- HOXC8 inhibits androgen receptor signaling in human prostate cancer cells by inhibiting SRC-3 recruitment to direct androgen target genesSunshine Daddario Axlund
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, 12801 E 17th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Mol Cancer Res 8:1643-55. 2010..A greater understanding of HOXC8 actions in the prostate and its interactions with androgen signaling pathways may elucidate mechanisms driving the onset and progression of prostate cancer...
- Mechanistic and pharmacodynamic studies of a 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 derivative in prostate cancer cellsJames R Lambert
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Aurora, CO, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:189-95. 2007..Furthermore, we carried out cellular uptake and serum stability studies of 25-OH-D(3)-3-BE to demonstrate potential therapeutic applicability of 25-OH-D(3)-3-BE in hormone-sensitive and hormone-insensitive prostate cancer...
- Glucocorticoid receptor-DNA interactions: binding energetics are the primary determinant of sequence-specific transcriptional activityDavid L Bain
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Mol Biol 422:18-32. 2012..Thus, despite the complexity of GR function, DNA binding energetics are the primary determinant of sequence-specific transcriptional activity...
- Growth differentiation factor-15 (GDF-15) suppresses in vitro angiogenesis through a novel interaction with connective tissue growth factor (CCN2)Ramon J Whitson
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Cell Biochem 114:1424-33. 2013..Furthermore, antagonism of CCN2 mediated angiogenesis by GDF-15 may provide insight into the functional role of GDF-15 in disease states. J. Cell. Biochem. 114: 1424-1433, 2013. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Growth factors in benign prostatic hyperplasia: basic science implicationsM Scott Lucia
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado DHSC, 12800 East 19th Avenue, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Urol Rep 9:272-8. 2008..As we begin to unravel the precise mechanisms involved, new treatments for BPH aimed at these interacting pathways may emerge...
- The anticancer agent prodigiosin induces p21WAF1/CIP1 expression via transforming growth factor-beta receptor pathwayVanessa Soto Cerrato
Department of Pathology and Experimental Therapeutics, Cancer Cell Biology Research Group, Universitat de Barcelona, and Laboratori de Recerca Translacional, ICO IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Biochem Pharmacol 74:1340-9. 2007..Taken together, these results suggest the TGF-beta pathway is required for induction of p21 expression after prodigiosin treatment of MCF-7 cells...
- Prodigiosin induces the proapoptotic gene NAG-1 via glycogen synthase kinase-3beta activity in human breast cancer cellsVanessa Soto-Cerrato
Department of Pathology and Experimental Therapeutics, Cancer Cell Biology Research Group, Universitat de Barcelona, Pavelló Central, 5a planta, LR 5101 C Feixa Llarga s n, E 08907 L Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Mol Cancer Ther 6:362-9. 2007..These findings suggest that prodigiosin-mediated GSK-3beta activation is a key event in regulating the molecular pathways that trigger the apoptosis induced by this anticancer agent...