Susan L Lakey
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Psychotropic use in community residential care facilities: A prospective cohort studySusan L Lakey
School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 4:227-35. 2006..Psychotropic medication use in community residential care (CRC) facilities has been reported to be similar to that found in nursing homes before the implementation of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987...
- Antidepressant use in nonmajor depression: secondary analysis of a program to encourage active, rewarding lives for seniors (PEARLS), a randomized controlled trial in older adults from 2000 to 2003Susan L Lakey
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Box 357630, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 6:12-20. 2008..However, as many as 18% of older US adults reportedly suffer from depressive symptoms that do not necessarily fit the criteria for major depressive disorder (eg, dysthmia, minor depression)...
- Assessment of older adults' knowledge of and preferences for medication management tools and support systemsSusan L Lakey
Department of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:1011-9. 2009..A variety of strategies are available to assist older adults who have difficulties managing medications. Little is known about older adults' knowledge of or willingness to use these strategies...
- The relationship between anticholinergic medications and Mini-Cog scores in older adults receiving home health careSusan L Lakey
University of Washington School of Pharmacy, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Consult Pharm 24:673-80. 2009..To describe anticholinergic use patterns in older adult home health recipients and examine their relationship to evidence of cognitive impairment...
- Self-reported changes in providers' hormone therapy prescribing and counseling practices after the Women's Health InitiativeSusan L Lakey
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:2175-81. 2010..Prescribing and counseling practices in hormone therapy (HT) since publication of the Women's Health Initiative (WHI) trials have changed. Our objective was to compare changes by practice field and region...
- Antidepressant use, depressive symptoms, and incident frailty in women aged 65 and older from the Women's Health Initiative Observational StudySusan L Lakey
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washingtin, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:854-61. 2012..To examine the associations between depressive symptoms, antidepressant use, and duration of use with incident frailty 3 years later in nonfrail women aged 65 and older...