Jordan E Lake
Affiliation: University of California
- Adiponectin and interleukin-6, but not adipose tissue, are associated with worse neurocognitive function in HIV-infected menJordan E Lake
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Antivir Ther 20:235-44. 2015..We explored cross-sectional relationships between regional AT, adipocytokines, inflammatory markers and neuropsychological (NP) test scores among HIV+ and HIV- men enrolled in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study...
- Participation of women in HIV clinical trials: the IPEC-FIOCRUZ experienceJordan E Lake
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
HIV AIDS (Auckl) 3:61-8. 2011..This analysis describes the characteristics of women in the cohort who participated in HIV clinical trials between 1999 and 2008...
- A pilot study of telmisartan for visceral adiposity in HIV infection: the metabolic abnormalities, telmisartan, and HIV infection (MATH) trialJordan E Lake
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e58135. 2013..Telmisartan, an angiotensin receptor blocker and partial PPAR-γ agonist, has been shown to decrease visceral fat and improve metabolic and inflammatory parameters in HIV-uninfected subjects...
- A randomized trial of Raltegravir replacement for protease inhibitor or non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor in HIV-infected women with lipohypertrophyJordan E Lake
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90035, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:532-40. 2012..Additional insights into AT and metabolic changes in women on RAL will be provided by 48-week follow-up of the immediate-switch arm...
- Vitamin D in HIV-Infected PatientsJordan E Lake
Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 8:133-41. 2011..This paper reviews data published on HIV infection and vitamin D health in adults over the last year...
- Time trend analysis of cervical high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV) in HIV-infected women in an urban cohort from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: the rise of non-16/18 HPVMary C Cambou
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Program in Global Health, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, CHS 37 121, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA Department of Internal Medicine, Montefiore University Hospital of Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA Electronic address
Int J Infect Dis 41:17-20. 2015..Time trends in annual prevalences of cervical high-risk human papillomavirus (HR-HPV) genotypes among a non-vaccinated, HIV-infected female cohort in urban Brazil were assessed for the period 2006-2012...
- Improved virologic outcomes over time for HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy in a cohort from Rio de Janeiro, 1997-2011David A Martin
University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, USA
BMC Infect Dis 14:322. 2014..We aimed to examine the factors associated with virologic suppression for HIV-infected patients on ART receiving care at the Evandro Chagas Clinical Research Institute, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil...
- Vitamin D Levels and Markers of Inflammation and Metabolism in HIV-Infected Individuals on Suppressive Antiretroviral TherapyRisa M Hoffman
1 Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, and Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education CARE, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 32:247-54. 2016..Repletion did not result in changes in markers of inflammation or metabolism. These data support continued study of the relationship between vitamin D, inflammation, and metabolism in treated HIV infection. ..
- Anal human papillomavirus (HPV) prevalences and factors associated with abnormal anal cytology in HIV-infected women in an urban cohort from Rio de Janeiro, BrazilMary C Cambou
1 Division of Infectious Diseases and Program in Global Health, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California
AIDS Patient Care STDS 29:4-12. 2015..05). Abnormal anal cytology and HR-HPV prevalences were high. HIV-infected women with cervical LSIL+, low nadir CD4+ counts, or detectable HIV-1 viral loads should be a particular focus for enhanced anal SCC screening efforts...
- Metabolic disease in HIV infectionJordan E Lake
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 13:964-75. 2013....
- Benefits of PrEP as an Adjunctive Method of HIV Prevention During Attempted Conception Between HIV-uninfected Women and HIV-infected Male PartnersRisa M Hoffman
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles
J Infect Dis 212:1534-43. 2015..Data on effectiveness of preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-uninfected women attempting conception with HIV-infected male partners are limited to observational studies...
- A cross-sectional study of low HIV testing frequency and high-risk behaviour among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Lima, PeruSky W Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
BMC Public Health 15:408. 2015..Increased HIV testing frequency among high-risk populations such as men who have sex with men (MSM) and male-to-female transgender women (TW) can lead to earlier treatment and potentially reduce HIV transmission...
- A novel combination HIV prevention strategy: post-exposure prophylaxis with contingency management for substance abuse treatment among methamphetamine-using men who have sex with menRaphael J Landovitz
UCLA Center for Clinical AIDS Research and Education, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:320-8. 2012..Findings demonstrate that PEP, when combined with CM, is safe, feasible, and acceptable as an HIV prevention strategy in methamphetamine-using MSM...
- Long-term impact of HIV wasting on physical functionKristine M Erlandson
aUniversity of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado bJohns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland cUniversity of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California dNorthwestern University, Chicago, Illinois eOhio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
AIDS 30:445-54. 2016..The long-term consequences of wasting among HIV-infected persons are not known...
- Bringing testing to the people - benefits of mobile unit HIV/syphilis testing in Lima, Peru, 2007-2009Mindy C Lipsitz
South American Program in HIV Prevention Research SAPHIR, University of California at Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J STD AIDS 25:325-31. 2014..Investigation into whether MU attendees would otherwise access HIV testing is warranted to determine the impact of MU testing...
- Regional fat deposition and cardiovascular risk in HIV infection: the FRAM studyJordan E Lake
Division of Infectious Diseases, CARE Center, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Care 23:929-38. 2011..Peripheral lipoatrophy (as measured by leg SAT) is associated with striking increased CVD risk in HIV-infected patients even after controlling for VAT, whereas low leg SAT is associated with low CVD risk in controls...