Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Public health implications of recommendations to individualize glycemic targets in adults with diabetesNeda Laiteerapong
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Diabetes Care 36:84-9. 2013..To estimate how many U.S. adults with diabetes would be eligible for individualized A1C targets based on 1) the 2012 American Diabetes Association (ADA) guideline and 2) a published approach for individualized target ranges...
- Impact of delaying blood pressure control in patients with Type 2 diabetes: results of a decision analysisNeda Laiteerapong
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 2007, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:640-6. 2012..In patients with diabetes, delays in controlling blood pressure are common, but the harms of delays have not been quantified...
- Classification of older adults who have diabetes by comorbid conditions, United States, 2005-2006Neda Laiteerapong
University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 2007, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E100. 2012..The objective of this study was to classify by comorbid conditions older American adults who have diabetes to identify those who are less likely to benefit from intensive glycemic control...
- Prioritization of care in adults with diabetes and comorbidityNeda Laiteerapong
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1243:69-87. 2011..These steps should be repeated, especially when the patient's clinical status changes. This patient-centered process emphasizes overall quality of life and functioning rather than a narrow focus on diabetes...
- A resident-led quality improvement initiative to improve obesity screeningNeda Laiteerapong
University of Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Med Qual 26:315-22. 2011..0001). In obese patients, BMI documentation was associated with lifestyle counseling (34% vs 14%, P < .01). An internal medicine resident-led QI project targeting obesity can improve screening...
- Correlates of quality of life in older adults with diabetes: the diabetes & aging studyNeda Laiteerapong
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1749-53. 2011..To evaluate associations between health-related quality of life (HRQL) and geriatric syndromes, diabetes complications, and hypoglycemia in older adults with diabetes...
- Internal medicine residents' comfort with and frequency of providing dietary counseling to diabetic patientsJoyce W Tang
Institute for Healthcare Studies, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 750 N Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:1140-3. 2009..Resident physicians' preparedness to provide dietary counseling for the rising number of diabetic patients is unclear...