Yuan Yang Lai
Affiliation: University of California
- Changes in monoamine release in the ventral horn and hypoglossal nucleus linked to pontine inhibition of muscle tone: an in vivo microdialysis studyY Y Lai
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Neuroscience, School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, and Veterans Affairs, Greater Los Angeles Health Care System Medical Center, North Hills, California 91343, USA
J Neurosci 21:7384-91. 2001....
- Physiological and anatomical link between Parkinson-like disease and REM sleep behavior disorderYuan Yang Lai
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, UCLA and Neurobiology Research 151A3 VAGLAHS Sepulveda, North Hills, CA 91343, USA
Mol Neurobiol 27:137-52. 2003..In this article, we will discuss evidence that Parkinsonism and RBD are physiologically and anatomically linked, based on our animal experiments and other studies on human patients...
- Neurotoxic lesions at the ventral mesopontine junction change sleep time and muscle activity during sleep: an animal model of motor disorders in sleepY Y Lai
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science, Neurobiology Research, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA and Veterans Administration Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System Sepulveda, North Hills, CA 91343, USA
Neuroscience 154:431-43. 2008....
- Behavioral response and transmitter release during atonia elicited by medial medullary stimulationYuan Yang Lai
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles and Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System Sepulveda, North Hills, CA 91343, USA
J Neurophysiol 104:2024-33. 2010....
- Excitatory effects of hypocretin-1 (orexin-A) in the trigeminal motor nucleus are reversed by NMDA antagonismJohn H Peever
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Neuroscience, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90032, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:2591-600. 2003..We suggest that Hcrt regulates motor control processes and that this regulation is mediated by glutamate release in the trigeminal motor nucleus...
- Hypocretin (orexin) cell loss in Parkinson's diseaseThomas C Thannickal
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Brain 130:1586-95. 2007....
- New pathways and data on rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder in a rat modelKung Chiao Hsieh
Department of Medicine, UCLA, Sepulveda, North Hills, CA 91343, United States Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Sepulveda, North Hills, CA 91343, United States
Sleep Med 14:719-28. 2013..The external cortex of the inferior colliculus (ICX) has been demonstrated not only to be involved in auditory processing, but also to participate in the modulation of motor activity...
- Ventral Mesopontine Junction and Motor ActivityYuan Yang Lai; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposed work is of critical importance for the understanding of RLS/PLMD, RBD and other motor pathologies of sleep and for the design of therapeutic strategies to reverse these disorders. ..