Isabel T Lagomasino
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Efficiency in mental health practice and researchIsabel T Lagomasino
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 32:477-83. 2010..Allowing findings from the dissemination and implementation field to permeate and inform clinical practice and research may facilitate more efficient development of interventions and enhance the public health impact of research...
- Psychopharmacology: the need for effectiveness trials to inform evidence-based psychiatric practiceIsabel T Lagomasino
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 2020 Zonal Avenue, IRD 218, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:649-51. 2005
- Disparities in depression treatment for Latinos and site of careIsabel T Lagomasino
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 1520 San Pablo Street, Suite 4100, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1517-23. 2005..This study examined the impact of patient characteristics and source of care on differences between whites and Latinos in use and quality of depression treatment in managed primary care settings...
- Depression, correlates of depression, and receipt of depression care among low-income women with breast or gynecologic cancerKathleen Ell
DSW, School of Social Work 0411, University of Southern California, University Park, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA E mail
J Clin Oncol 23:3052-60. 2005..To assess the prevalence of depression among low-income, ethnic minority women with breast or gynecologic cancer, receipt of antidepressant medications or counseling services, and correlates of depression...
- Racial-ethnic composition of provider practices and disparities in treatment of depression and anxiety, 2003-2007Isabel T Lagomasino
Department of Psychiatry, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1019-25. 2011..This study explored whether racial and ethnic disparities in the treatment of depression and anxiety are associated with provider-level factors...
- Measuring Latinos' perceptions of depression: a confirmatory factor analysis of the Illness Perception QuestionnaireLeopoldo J Cabassa
School of Social Work, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0411, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 14:377-84. 2008..The establishment of the psychometric properties of this adapted measure will pave the way for future studies examining the role illness perceptions play in the help seeking and management of depression among Latinos...
- Underuse of evidence-based pharmacotherapies for affective disordersMegan Dwight-Johnson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, 91604, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:1076-8. 2003
- Using conjoint analysis to assess depression treatment preferences among low-income LatinosMegan Dwight-Johnson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:934-6. 2004..Although further validation is required, conjoint analysis appears to be feasible for assessing preferences regarding depression treatment in this underserved population...
- Racial and ethnic disparities in detection and treatment of depression and anxiety among psychiatric and primary health care visits, 1995-2005Susan E Stockdale
UCLA Semel Institute Health Services Research Center Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Med Care 46:668-77. 2008..Also, whether disparities exist mainly in psychiatric settings or primary health care settings is unknown...
- Research issues for improving treatment of U.S. Hispanics with persistent mental disordersWilliam Armando Vega
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:385-94. 2007....
- Addressing depression treatment preferences of ethnic minority patientsMegan Dwight-Johnson
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 29:179-81. 2007
- Self-Management of Depression and Medical IllnessIsabel Lagomasino; Fiscal Year: 2005..Third, an expert panel uses study findings to adapt the programs as necessary and develops a manualized program protocol in preparation for a future randomized trial. ..
- Patient-Centered Depression Care in the Public SectorIsabel Lagomasino; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..