Robert G Laforge
Affiliation: University of Rhode Island
- The utility of collateral informant assessment in college alcohol research: results from a longitudinal prevention trialRobert G Laforge
Department of Psychology, CPRC Building, Room 48W, University of Rhode Island, 2 Chafee Road, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881, USA
J Stud Alcohol 66:479-87. 2005..We present two studies that examine aspects of these issues using data from 1,264 college student participants in a brief intervention prevention trial conducted at a public university...
- Demographic differences in support for smoking policy interventionsJennifer M Doucet
Cancer Prevention Research Center, 2 Chafee Road, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881 0808, USA
Addict Behav 32:148-57. 2007..These subgroup differences could be employed to guide the targeting of changes in policies and interventions to the specific concerns of the various groups...
- Rethinking positive and negative aspects of alcohol use: suggestions from a comparison of alcohol expectancies and decisional balanceSeth M Noar
Department of Psychology and Cancer Prevention Research Center, University of Rhode Island, 2 Chafee Road, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881, USA
J Stud Alcohol 64:60-9. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare these constructs and to examine their ability to predict alcohol use and problems...
- Transtheoretical principles and processes for quitting smoking: a 24-month comparison of a representative sample of quitters, relapsers, and non-quittersXiaowa Sun
Cancer Prevention Research Center, 2 Chafee Road, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Addict Behav 32:2707-26. 2007..In general, the relapsers ended up working harder but not smarter than the successful quitters. The pattern of use of change processes in the treatment and control groups were remarkably similar, suggesting common pathways to change...
- Approaches to brief intervention for hazardous drinking in young peopleJohn B Saunders
Centre for Drug and Alcohol Studies, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:322-9. 2004..Laforge; and (5) Brief interventions: conclusions and future directions, by Mary E. Larimer...
- Binge drinking and health behavior in medical studentsStefan Keller
Department of Public Health Sciences and Epidemiology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA
Addict Behav 32:505-15. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess the prevalence of binge drinking and its relation to other health behaviors, drinking-related attitudes and perceived social norms among German medical students...
- A PROACTIVE INDIVIDUALIZED PROGRAM FOR COLLEGE DRINKERSRobert Laforge; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project is designed to be rapidly disseminable so that results may be used in public health efforts to decrease the incidence of, and problems associated with, high risk drinking among college students. ..
- A STAGE MATCHED ALCOHOL INTERVENTION FOR MANAGED CARERobert Laforge; Fiscal Year: 2004..This unique recruitment and intervention strategy requires few resources from health care providers and is likely to be highly disseminable to other managed care organizations. ..