Nuha A Lackan
Affiliation: University of Texas Medical Branch
- Decreasing variation in the use of hospice among older adults with breast, colorectal, lung, and prostate cancerNuha A Lackan
Sealy Center on Aging, the dagger Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0460, USA
Med Care 42:116-22. 2004..Utilization of hospice services has been shown to vary by place of residence and patient characteristics...
- The association of marital status and hospice use in the USANuha A Lackan
Sealy Center on Aging, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0460, USA
Palliat Med 19:160-2. 2005..Married individuals are more likely to use hospice than unmarried individuals. We examine this association and how it is influenced by gender...
- Hospice use by Hispanic and non-Hispanic white cancer decedentsNuha A Lackan
Sealy Center on Aging, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 77555-0460, USA
Health Serv Res 39:969-83. 2004..Additional studies from other national registries may be necessary to confirm these findings...
- Hospice use by older women dying with breast cancer between 1991 and 1996Nuha A Lackan
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, Sealy Center on Aging, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Palliat Care 19:49-53. 2003..There were no differences in use by ethnicity. Rates of use varied significantly by geographic area. Future research should further examine why rates of hospice use differ by geographic area and certain patient characteristics...
- Serum carotenoid levels vary by marital statusJim P Stimpson
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107 2699, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 107:1581-5. 2007..50 microg/dL [0.31 micromol/L], P=0.05) compared to married women. Our conclusion is that serum carotenoid levels varied by marital status, and widowed men and women were at the greatest risk of low carotenoid levels...