Francisco G La Rosa
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma with a negative premelanosome marker immunoprofile: a case report and review of the literatureSamantha E Hohensee
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, 12800 East 19th Avenue Mail Stop 8104, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Med Case Rep 7:118. 2013..If such a tumor does not stain for HMB-45 or Melan-A, a specific diagnosis of epithelioid pleomorphic angiomyolipoma cannot be made with certainty...
- Carcinoid tumor of the verumontanum (colliculus seminalis) of the prostatic urethra with a coexisting prostatic adenocarcinoma: a case reportMaxwell Smith
University of Colorado Denver, Department of Pathology, Aurora, Colorado 80045 0508, USA
J Med Case Reports 4:16. 2010..Urethral carcinoid tumors are very rare tumors with only four cases described in the literature...
- Anterior tumors of the prostate: diagnosis and significancePriya N Werahera
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Can J Urol 20:6897-906. 2013..Consequently, tumors originating from the anterior apical region and transition zones may be under-sampled. We examined whether addition of transrectal anterior biopsy (TAB) would improve efficacy of prostate biopsies...
- Clinical-pathologic correlation between transperineal mapping biopsies of the prostate and three-dimensional reconstruction of prostatectomy specimensE David Crawford
Division of Urology, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA
Prostate 73:778-87. 2013....
- Optimization of prostate cancer diagnosis by increasing the number of core biopsies based on gland volumePriya N Werahera
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 5:892-9. 2012..Thus, we recommend performing MB, MFSB, and TZB based on prostate volume, as follows: 8 biopsies for ≤15 cc; 14 for those >15 cc but ≤50 cc, and 14-20 for those >50 cc...
- The value of second-opinion pathology diagnoses on prostate biopsies from patients referred for management of prostate cancerAl B Barqawi
Department of Surgery, Urologic Oncology, Anschutz Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 4:468-75. 2011....
- Proliferative tumor doubling times of prostatic carcinomaPriya N Werahera
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Prostate Cancer 2011:301850. 2011..While lack of data for apoptotic rates is a limitation, apparent biological differences between latent versus aggressive PCa may be attributable to variations in apoptotic rates of these tumors rather than their cell proliferative rates...
- Digital quantification of five high-grade prostate cancer patterns, including the cribriform pattern, and their association with adverse outcomeKenneth A Iczkowski
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado, Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 136:98-107. 2011..The cribriform pattern has particularly adverse implications for outcome...