- The right inhibition? Callosal correlates of hand performance in healthy children and adolescents callosal correlates of hand performance
Department of Medicine, Center for Neurobiology of Stress, School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 34:2259-65. 2013
- Relationships between gray matter, body mass index, and waist circumference in healthy adults
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90024 1759, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 34:1737-46. 2013
..Our observations suggest that waist circumference is a more sensitive indicator than BMI, particularly in females, for potentially determining the adverse effects of obesity and overweight on the brain and associated risks to health...
- Diminished gray matter within the hypothalamus in autism disorder: a potential link to hormonal effects?
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza 47 417, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Biol Psychiatry 70:278-82. 2011
..These characteristics are found irrespective of age, IQ, and gender of affected subjects. However, brain changes due to age, IQ, and gender might pose potential confounds in autism neuroimaging analyses...
- Global and regional alterations of hippocampal anatomy in long-term meditation practitioners
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California
Hum Brain Mapp 34:3369-75. 2013
..However, given the cross-sectional design, the lack of individual stress measures, and the limited resolution of brain data, the exact underlying neuronal mechanisms remain to be established...
- Disease and genetic contributions toward local tissue volume disturbances in schizophrenia: a tensor-based morphometry study
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 33:2081-91. 2012
..Thus, brain deformation profiles revealed in this study may help to clarify the role of specific genetic or environmental risk factors toward altered brain morphology in schizophrenia...
- Bridging the hemispheres in meditation: thicker callosal regions and enhanced fractional anisotropy (FA) in long-term practitioners
Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7334, USA
Neuroimage 61:181-7. 2012
..Moreover, longitudinal studies are required to address whether the observed callosal effects are induced by meditation or constitute an innate prerequisite for the start or successful continuation of meditation...