Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The effect of income and race on quality of psychiatric care in community mental health centersEri Kuno
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Rm 3008, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 2648, USA
Community Ment Health J 41:613-22. 2005..33%) and higher percentage using intensive case management (ICM) services (67% vs. 29%). Questions arise regarding the factors underlying this phenomena and the extent to which they are provider-driven or due to patient preferences...
- Costs of implementing a computerized prescription system in a public mental health agencyEri Kuno
Roudebush Veterans Administration Medical Center, 1481 W 10th St, 11 H, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1351-4. 2007..The objective of this case report is to inform decision makers about costs associated with adding a computerized prescription component to an existing information system in specialty mental health agencies...
- A service system planning model for individuals with serious mental illnessEri Kuno
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 7:135-44. 2005..Future plans for refining the model and its application to other service systems is discussed...
- Psychiatric service utilization and cost for persons with schizophrenia in a Medicaid managed care programAileen B Rothbard
School of Social Work, and the Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Medical Center, 3535 Market St, Rm 3014, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 31:1-12. 2004..Study implications are that cost reductions from MC are mainly due to reducing utilization and payments to hospitals, similar to the findings for private sector programs...
- Trends in the rate and type of antipsychotic medications prescribed to persons with schizophreniaAileen B Rothbard
School of Social Work and Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, Medical Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 2648, USA
Schizophr Bull 29:531-40. 2003....
- Comparison of alcohol treatment and costs after implementation of medicaid managed careAileen B Rothbard
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, 3535 Market St, Rm 3014, Philadelphia, PA 19104 2648, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:285-96. 2006..To examine the impact of a mandatory managed care behavioral health program on utilization and cost of alcohol treatment services for high-risk Medicaid patients...
- Effects of antipsychotic medication on psychiatric service utilization and costAileen Rothbard
Center for MH Policy and Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 8:83-93. 2005..Given that acquisition costs of atypical antipsychotics are generally higher than typical antipsychotics, uncertainty exists whether the newer atypicals are cost effective alternatives when used in ordinary practice settings...
- Long-term effectiveness of the ACCESS program in linking community mental health services to homeless persons with serious mental illnessAileen B Rothbard
J Behav Health Serv Res 31:441-9. 2004....
- Racial disparities in antipsychotic prescription patterns for patients with schizophreniaEri Kuno
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:567-72. 2002..This study aimed to examine the extent and type of variation in antipsychotic prescription patterns between African American and Caucasian patients with schizophrenia...
- Modeling patient flows using a queuing network with blockingNaoru Koizumi
Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, 278 Towne Building, 200 South 33rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Health Care Manag Sci 8:49-60. 2005..Thus removal of such facility-specific bottlenecks may be the most efficient way to reduce congestion in the system as a whole...
- Implementing an E-prescribing system in outpatient mental health programsAileen B Rothbard
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Medical Center, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, 3rd Floor, Philadelphia, PA, 19104 2648, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 40:168-78. 2013..Given the availability of administrative claims data and electronic prescribing technology, considerable potential exists to provide useful information for monitoring and clinical decision making in public mental health systems...
- Living arrangements of individuals with schizophrenia in Japan: impact of community-based mental health servicesIwao Oshima
Department of Mental Health, Tokyo University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Soc Psychiatry 52:55-64. 2006....
- Mental Health Residential Capacity PlanningEri Kuno; Fiscal Year: 2004....