Genomes and Genes
Charu G Kumar
Affiliation: University of Illinois
- ESTIMA, a tool for EST management in a multi-project environmentCharu G Kumar
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 5:176. 2004..Usually, to be of value, ESTs and contigs must be associated with meaningful annotations, and made available to end-users...
- Discovery and characterization of 91 novel transcripts expressed in cattle placentaCharu G Kumar
Laboratory of Mammalian Genome Biology, Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 210 Edward R Madigan Laboratory, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
BMC Genomics 8:113. 2007..The aim of our study was to identify novel transcripts expressed in ruminant placenta, and to characterize them with respect to their expression patterns, organization of coding sequences in the genome, and potential functions...
- Discovery of eight novel divergent homologs expressed in cattle placentaJoshua H Larson
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA
Physiol Genomics 25:405-13. 2006..The genes identified in this study are thus of evolutionary and physiological importance and may have a role in placental adaptations...
- Functional annotation of novel lineage-specific genes using co-expression and promoter analysisCharu G Kumar
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 210 Edward R Madigan Laboratory, 1201 W Gregory Dr, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
BMC Genomics 11:161. 2010..The aim of the present study was to infer functions of previously uncharacterized lineage-specific genes (LSGs) using co-expression, promoter, pathway and network analysis...
- A 7872 cDNA microarray and its use in bovine functional genomicsRobin E Everts
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, 206 Edward R Madigan Laboratory, 1201 West Gregory Drive, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 105:235-45. 2005..Current research being conducted with this array is described, and an overview of planned improvements in our microarray platform for cattle functional genomics is presented...
- Annotated expressed sequence tags and cDNA microarrays for studies of brain and behavior in the honey beeCharles W Whitfield
Department of Entomology and Neuroscience Program, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Genome Res 12:555-66. 2002..The sequence data described in this paper have been submitted to Genbank data library under accession nos. BI502708-BI517278. The sequences are also available at http://titan.biotec.uiuc.edu/bee/honeybee_project.htm.]..