Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Protein binding in patients with late-life depressionAnand Kumar
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:1143-50. 2011..Depression has been identified as a risk factor and a prodrome of dementia. Common neurobiological mechanisms may underlie this clinical and phenomenologic overlap...
- Hierarchical structural mapping for globally optimized estimation of functional networksAlex D Leow
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 15:228-36. 2012..Results revealed that BDD subjects under-utilized several key local connections in the visual system, which may help explain previously reported fMRI findings and further elucidate the underlying pathophysiology of BDD...
- Differential associations between types of verbal memory and prefrontal brain structure in healthy aging and late life depressionMelissa Lamar
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 West Taylor Street, MC912, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neuropsychologia 50:1823-9. 2012..More specifically, it points toward a network of predominantly anterior brain regions that may underlie the executive contribution to list-learning in older adults with depression...
- Quantitative tract-specific measures of uncinate and cingulum in major depression using diffusion tensor imagingAifeng Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:959-67. 2012..In the MDD group, the severity of depression is associated with reduced NNF in the right UF. These findings have implications for both clinical manifestations of depression as well as its pathophysiology...
- Verbal learning and memory in older adults with minor and major depressionRaquelle I Mesholam-Gately
Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Public Psychiatry Division of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 27:196-207. 2012..The findings suggest that depression in the elderly is a heterogeneous entity and that the CVLT may be a useful tool for characterizing learning and memory in late-onset depressive disorders...
- A framework for quantifying node-level community structure group differences in brain connectivity networksJohnson J GadElkarim
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 15:196-203. 2012..These findings are consistent with those reported in previous literature, suggesting a higher degree of ruminative self-reflections in depression...
- Mood, cognition and in vivo protein imaging: the emerging nexus in clinical neuroscienceAnand Kumar
Department of Psychiatry, the Semel Institute for Neuroscience, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 23:555-63. 2008..Disorders of mood and cognition overlap in the elderly and there is an emerging consensus that both groups of disorders share neurobiological substrates...
- Regional cortical gray matter thickness differences associated with type 2 diabetes and major depressionOlusola Ajilore
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Psychiatry Res 184:63-70. 2010..Depression and diabetes are associated with significant cortical gray matter thinning in medial prefrontal areas...
- Myelin Glia and Depression in Type 2 DiabetesAnand Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cortical/Subcortical Circuits in Late-Life DepressionAnand Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2006..The role of the frontal white matter and subcortical nuclei in the etiology of late-life MDD has received scant attention and the proposed studies will help us elucidate the mechanisms and pathways that lead to MDD in late-life. ..
- Cerebrovascular Basis of Depression in Diabetes-NIDDMAnand Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will integrate the biological and behavioral measures and elucidate their collective contributions to the pathophysiology of clinically significant depression. ..
- MINOR DEPRESSION--CLINICAL AND BIOLOGICAL SUBSTRATESAnand Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..The relationship between specific neuroanatomical measures and relevant clinical indicators of disease burden will be studies and their relative contributions to late onset minor depression ascertained. ..
- Cortical/Subcortical Circuits in Late-Life DepressionAnand Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2010..The role of the frontal white matter and subcortical nuclei in the etiology of late-life MDD has received scant attention and the proposed studies will help us elucidate the mechanisms and pathways that lead to MDD in late-life. ..