Heather C Kuiper
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- LC-MS/MS quantitation of mercapturic acid conjugates of lipid peroxidation products as markers of oxidative stressHeather C Kuiper
Linus Pauling Institute and the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Curr Protoc Toxicol . 2011..Included are protocols for preparation of labeled LPO-MA conjugates from unlabeled LPO products and deuterium labeled MA...
- Vitamin C supplementation lowers urinary levels of 4-hydroperoxy-2-nonenal metabolites in humansHeather C Kuiper
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 50:848-53. 2011..0092) urinary total of metabolites by ~20%. Thus, HPNE metabolites can be reduced favorably in response to improved plasma ascorbic acid concentrations, an effect due to ascorbic acid antioxidant function...
- Quantitation of mercapturic acid conjugates of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal and 4-oxo-2-nonenal metabolites in a smoking cessation studyHeather C Kuiper
Linus Pauling Institute and the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 48:65-72. 2010..We were able to show significant decreases in HNE-MA, DHN-MA, and total LPO-MA in a group of seven smokers upon smoking cessation. These data demonstrate the value of HNE and ONE metabolites as in vivo markers of oxidative stress...
- Mercapturic acid conjugates of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal and 4-oxo-2-nonenal metabolites are in vivo markers of oxidative stressHeather C Kuiper
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis Oregon 97331, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17131-8. 2008..Our data suggest that conjugates of HNE and ONE metabolites have value as markers of in vivo oxidative stress and lipid peroxidation...
- Ascorbic acid promotes detoxification and elimination of 4-hydroxy-2(E)-nonenal in human monocytic THP-1 cellsCristobal L Miranda
Linus Pauling Institute and the Departments of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Statistics, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 22:863-74. 2009..The formation of ascorbate adducts of HNE was observed in the cell exposure experiments, but it represented a minor pathway contributing to the elimination of HNE and to the protective effects of ascorbate...