Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Variant forms of alpha-fetoprotein transcripts expressed in human hematopoietic progenitors. Implications for their developmental potential towards endodermHiroshi Kubota
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology and Program in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7038, USA
J Biol Chem 277:27629-35. 2002..These results suggest that some hematopoietic progenitors are in a state that permits them to express certain types of transcripts that have been considered unique to endoderm...
- The molecular chaperone HSP47 rapidly senses gravitational changes in myoblastsAsami Oguro
Department of Life Sciences, The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 153 8902, Japan
Genes Cells 11:1253-65. 2006..The gravity-regulated HSP47 may play a role in the maintenance of the extracellular matrix by modulating collagen production at the primary stage of adaptation...
- Roles of collagen fibers and its specific molecular chaperone: analysis using HSP47-knockout miceHiroshi Kubota
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University
Biol Sci Space 18:118-9. 2004..Here, we discuss the role of HSP47 in the folding and maturation of collagen type IV as well as type I...
- Octamer and Sox elements are required for transcriptional cis regulation of Nanog gene expressionTakao Kuroda
Department of Development and Differentiation, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:2475-85. 2005..Thus, Nanog transcription may be regulated through an interaction between Oct4 and Sox2 or a novel pluripotential cell-specific Sox element-binding factor which is prominent in ES cells...
- Accumulation of type IV collagen in dilated ER leads to apoptosis in Hsp47-knockout mouse embryos via induction of CHOPToshihiro Marutani
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and CREST JST, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
J Cell Sci 117:5913-22. 2004..5 dpc together with significantly upregulated CHOP mRNA expression. ER stress caused by the accumulation of misfolded collagen may have induced apoptosis in Hsp47-knockout embryos through the upregulation of CHOP...
- ZNF143 activates gene expression in response to DNA damage and binds to cisplatin-modified DNAHiroshi Ishiguchi
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Cancer 111:900-9. 2004..ZNF 143 also binds preferentially to cisplatin-modified DNA. These results suggest that ZNF 143 participates in cellular responses to DNA damage...
- Culture conditions and single growth factors affect fate determination of mouse spermatogonial stem cellsHiroshi Kubota
Department of Animal Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Biol Reprod 71:722-31. 2004..The stem cell enrichment strategies and the culture methods described provide a reproducible and powerful assay system to establish the effect of various environmental factors on SSC survival and replication in vitro...
- Transcriptional regulation of the cytosolic chaperonin theta subunit gene, Cctq, by Ets domain transcription factors Elk-1, Sap-1a, and Net in the absence of serum response factorYuji Yamazaki
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, 53 Shogoin Kawaharacho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:30642-51. 2003..These results indicate that transcription of the Cctq gene is regulated by TCFs under the control of the Ras/MAPK pathway, probably independently of serum response factor...
- Prevalence of HSP47 antigen and autoantibodies to HSP47 in the sera of patients with mixed connective tissue diseaseShin Ichi Yokota
Department of Microbiology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1, West 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:413-8. 2003..The high levels of HSP47 antigen and autoantibody may be useful blood markers of MCTD...
- Hepatic stem cells and hepatoblasts: identification, isolation, and ex vivo maintenanceEliane Wauthier
Department of Cell Physiology, UNC School of Medicine Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Methods Cell Biol 86:137-225. 2008