Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Cytokines and the brain: implications for clinical psychiatryZ Kronfol
Departments of Psychiatry and Pathology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0722, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:683-94. 2000..This article reviews recent developments in cytokine biology that are relevant to clinical psychiatry...
- Acute effects of electroconvulsive therapy on lymphocyte natural killer cell activity in patients with major depressionZiad Kronfol
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0722, USA
J Affect Disord 71:211-5. 2002..The effects of biological treatment of depression on the immune system have not been systematically investigated. The present study addresses the acute effects of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) on NKCA...
- Immune dysregulation in major depression: a critical review of existing evidenceZiad Kronfol
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:333-43. 2002..Finally, the relationship between major depression and several medical conditions such as infection, allergy and autoimmune disorders, cardiovascular diseases, cancer and AIDS is critically reviewed...
- Cognitive function in hepatitis C patients with advanced fibrosis enrolled in the HALT-C trialRobert J Fontana
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0362, USA
J Hepatol 43:614-22. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the frequency, type, and severity of cognitive impairment in a large group of CHC patients with advanced fibrosis...
- Effects of mood state and psychosocial functioning on plasma Interleukin-6 in adult patients before cardiac surgeryAmy L Ai
University of Washington, Seattle 98105 6299, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 35:363-76. 2005....
- Clinical relevance of cognitive scores in hepatitis C patients with advanced fibrosisLinas A Bieliauskas
University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 28:1346-61. 2006..There was a significant correlation between cognitive impairment and self-reported depression...
- Cognitive function does not worsen during pegylated interferon and ribavirin retreatment of chronic hepatitis CRobert J Fontana
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0362, USA
Hepatology 45:1154-63. 2007....
- Cognitive reserve and neuropsychological functioning in patients infected with hepatitis CLinas A Bieliauskas
Neuropsychology Section, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 13:687-92. 2007..It is important to account for CRS when assessing cognitive findings in large-scale clinical trials...
- The patient's perspective in hepatitis CRobert J Fontana
Hepatology 39:903-5. 2004