J B Krasnoff
Affiliation: University of California
- The comprehensive assessment of physical fitness in children following kidney and liver transplantationJoanne B Krasnoff
University of California San Francisco, Department of Physiological Nursing, 94143, USA
Transplantation 82:211-7. 2006..Low cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF) may contribute to CV risk; however, studies of CRF in children following kidney transplantation (KTx) and liver transplantation (LTx) are limited...
- A randomized trial of exercise and dietary counseling after liver transplantationJ B Krasnoff
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Transplant 6:1896-905. 2006..These data suggest improvements in exercise capacity and body composition are achieved with nutrition and exercise behavior modifications initiated early after OLT and with regular follow-up...
- Alterations in skeletal muscle structure are minimized with steroid withdrawal after renal transplantationK S Topp
Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Transplantation 76:667-73. 2003..Limitations in exercise capacity in kidney transplant recipients are thought to result in part from changes in muscle structure and function associated with immunosuppression therapy...
- Health-related fitness and quality of life following steroid withdrawal in renal transplant recipientsPatricia L Painter
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0610, USA
Kidney Int 63:2309-16. 2003..The limitations to exercise following transplantation have not been identified, but may be related to immunosuppression therapy regimens that include prednisone...
- Roles of nutrition and physical activity in musculoskeletal complications before and after liver transplantationAndrea Q Vintro
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0610, USA
AACN Clin Issues 13:333-47. 2002....
- Objective measures of health-related quality of life over 24 months post-liver transplantationJoanne B Krasnoff
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 941430 0610, USA
Clin Transplant 19:1-9. 2005..A randomized clinical trial of lifestyle modifications such as diet and exercise intervention is warranted to determine the impact of such modifications on HRQoL and fitness post-OLT...
- Health-related fitness and physical activity in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseJoanne B Krasnoff
Exercise Physiology and Body Composition Laboratory, CTSI Clinical Research Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0126, USA
Hepatology 47:1158-66. 2008..2%) among the steatosis or fibrosis groups. Peak VO(2) was significantly higher in NAS1 versus NAS2 (30.4 +/- 8.2 versus 24.4 +/- 5.7 mL/kg/min, P = 0.013) and NotNASH versus NASH (34.0 +/- 9.5 versus 25.1 +/- 5.7 mL/kg/min, P = 0.048)...