J B Krasnoff
Affiliation: University of California
- The comprehensive assessment of physical fitness in children following kidney and liver transplantationJoanne B Krasnoff
University of California San Francisco, Department of Physiological Nursing, 94143, USA
Transplantation 82:211-7. 2006..Low cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF) may contribute to CV risk; however, studies of CRF in children following kidney transplantation (KTx) and liver transplantation (LTx) are limited...
- A randomized trial of exercise and dietary counseling after liver transplantationJ B Krasnoff
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Transplant 6:1896-905. 2006..These data suggest improvements in exercise capacity and body composition are achieved with nutrition and exercise behavior modifications initiated early after OLT and with regular follow-up...
- Alterations in skeletal muscle structure are minimized with steroid withdrawal after renal transplantationK S Topp
Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Transplantation 76:667-73. 2003..Limitations in exercise capacity in kidney transplant recipients are thought to result in part from changes in muscle structure and function associated with immunosuppression therapy...
- Health-related fitness and quality of life following steroid withdrawal in renal transplant recipientsPatricia L Painter
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0610, USA
Kidney Int 63:2309-16. 2003..The limitations to exercise following transplantation have not been identified, but may be related to immunosuppression therapy regimens that include prednisone...
- Roles of nutrition and physical activity in musculoskeletal complications before and after liver transplantationAndrea Q Vintro
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0610, USA
AACN Clin Issues 13:333-47. 2002....
- Objective measures of health-related quality of life over 24 months post-liver transplantationJoanne B Krasnoff
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 941430 0610, USA
Clin Transplant 19:1-9. 2005..A randomized clinical trial of lifestyle modifications such as diet and exercise intervention is warranted to determine the impact of such modifications on HRQoL and fitness post-OLT...
- Health-related fitness and physical activity in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseJoanne B Krasnoff
Exercise Physiology and Body Composition Laboratory, CTSI Clinical Research Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0126, USA
Hepatology 47:1158-66. 2008..048). Conclusion: Patients with NAFLD of differing histological severity have suboptimal HRF. Lifestyle interventions to improve HRF and PA may be beneficial in reducing the associated risk factors and preventing progression of NAFLD...