Affiliation: University of California
- Maternal metabolic conditions and risk for autism and other neurodevelopmental disordersPaula Krakowiak
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Pediatrics 129:e1121-8. 2012....
- Sleep problems in children with autism spectrum disorders, developmental delays, and typical development: a population-based studyPaula Krakowiak
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
J Sleep Res 17:197-206. 2008..Factor scores for children with DD were intermediate between the ASD and TD groups. Cognitive or adaptive development did not predict severity of sleep problems in the ASD group...
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers in relation to autism and developmental delay: a case-control studyIrva Hertz-Picciotto
Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, MS1C, One Shields Ave, Davis, California, USA
Environ Health 10:1. 2011..PBDEs and their metabolites cross the placenta and studies in rodents demonstrate neurodevelopmental toxicity from prenatal exposures. PBDE exposures occur both via breastfeeding and hand-to-mouth activities in small children...
- Elevated plasma cytokines in autism spectrum disorders provide evidence of immune dysfunction and are associated with impaired behavioral outcomePaul Ashwood
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Brain Behav Immun 25:40-5. 2011..The characterization of immunological parameters in ASD has important implications for diagnosis, and should be considered when designing therapeutic strategies to treat core symptoms and behavioral impairments of ASD...
- Utilization patterns of conventional and complementary/alternative treatments in children with autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities in a population-based studyRoger S Akins
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA MIND Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute, University of California, Davis, CA Department of Pediatrics, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Portsmouth, VA Divisions of Epidemiology and Environmental and Occupational Health, Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 35:1-10. 2014..To compare the utilization of conventional treatments and utilization of complementary and alternative medicine in preschoolers with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other developmental disabilities (DD)...
- Reduced levels of immunoglobulin in children with autism correlates with behavioral symptomsLuke Heuer
Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Autism Res 1:275-83. 2008..To assay if plasma antibody levels in children with autism or developmental delays (DD) differ from those with typical development as an indicator of immune function and to correlate antibody levels with severity of behavioral symptoms...
- Minor physical anomalies in children with autism spectrum disordersKathleen Angkustsiri
University of California, Davis, USA
Autism 15:746-60. 2011..This study employs an adaptation of Miles and Hillman's (2000) classifications by using photographs to identify a subgroup with significant dysmorphology among children with ASD, typical development (TYP), and developmental delay (DD)...
- Regression in autism: prevalence and associated factors in the CHARGE StudyRobin L Hansen
Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute, University of California, Davis, Sacramento 95817, USA
Ambul Pediatr 8:25-31. 2008..The aim of this study was to examine the prevalence of regressive autism and associated demographic, medical, and developmental factors by using 2 different definitions of regression based on the Autism Diagnostic Interview, Revised...
- Increased IgG4 levels in children with autism disorderAmanda Enstrom
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, 2805, 50th Street, Wet Lab Building, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Brain Behav Immun 23:389-95. 2009..Further investigation is necessary to elucidate the relationship between immunological findings and behavioral impairments in autism...