Genomes and Genes
K F Kozarsky
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Overexpression of the HDL receptor SR-BI alters plasma HDL and bile cholesterol levelsK F Kozarsky
Institute for Human Gene Therapy, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Nature 387:414-7. 1997....
- Gene transfer and hepatic overexpression of the HDL receptor SR-BI reduces atherosclerosis in the cholesterol-fed LDL receptor-deficient mouseK F Kozarsky
Department of Molecular and Cellular Engineering, Institute for Human Gene Therapy, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:721-7. 2000..Thus, stimulation of hepatic SR-BI activity may provide a novel target for therapeutic intervention in atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease...
- Effective treatment of familial hypercholesterolaemia in the mouse model using adenovirus-mediated transfer of the VLDL receptor geneK F Kozarsky
Institute for Human Gene Therapy, Department of Molecular and Cellular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Nat Genet 13:54-62. 1996..Infusion of recombinant adenoviruses containing the VLDL receptor gene corrected the dsylipidaemia in the FH mouse and circumvented immune responses to the transgene leading to a more prolonged metabolic correction...
- Localization of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in human tissuesS E Pollack
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 82:4243-51. 1997....
- Selective cholesteryl ester uptake from high density lipoprotein by human first trimester and term villous trophoblast cellsC Wadsack
Institute of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Karl Franzens University Graz, Austria
Placenta 24:131-43. 2003..We conclude that human first trimester and term trophoblast cells express SR-BI which could serve as an efficient route for supplying cholesterol esters from maternal lipoproteins to foetal tissues...
- The very low density lipoprotein receptor mediates the cellular catabolism of lipoprotein lipase and urokinase-plasminogen activator inhibitor type I complexesK M Argraves
Holland Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26550-7. 1995..Thus, the VLDL receptor may play a unique role on the vascular endothelium in lipoprotein catabolism by regulating levels of LpL and in the regulation of fibrinolysis by facilitating the removal of urokinase complexed with its inhibitor...