M Z Koubeissi
Affiliation: University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Connectivity between perisylvian and bilateral basal temporal corticesMohamad Z Koubeissi
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Cereb Cortex 22:918-25. 2012..The role of BT cortex in language processing may be bilaterally distributed and related to linking visual information with phonological representations stored in the LPSTG...
- Transection of CA3 does not affect memory performance in ratsMohamad Z Koubeissi
Neurology Department, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
Epilepsy Behav 21:267-70. 2011....
- Efficacy and safety of intravenous lacosamide in refractory nonconvulsive status epilepticusM Z Koubeissi
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 123:142-6. 2011..LCM is available in oral and intravenous formulations, has linear pharmacokinetics and a unique mechanism of action...
- Hemispherectomy-associated complications from the Kids' Inpatient DatabaseMohamad Z Koubeissi
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Epilepsy Res 87:47-53. 2009..6% across studies, mostly due to acute hemorrhage. The purpose of this study was to evaluate in-hospital mortality and predictors of the need for blood transfusion during HS in a large, nationwide cohort in recent years...
- Medically intractable seizures originating from the primary somatosensory hand areaMohamad Z Koubeissi
Department of Neurology, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5040, USA
Epileptic Disord 10:339-48. 2008..Multiple subpial transections of that area are sometimes performed to minimize functional deficits, but seizure control may be less optimal than with cortical resection...
- Analysis of dynamics and propagation of parietal cingulate seizures with secondary mesial temporal involvementMohamad Z Koubeissi
Neurology Department, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Epilepsy Behav 14:108-12. 2009....
- Tolerability and efficacy of oral loading of levetiracetamM Z Koubeissi
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
Neurology 70:2166-70. 2008..We investigated whether oral loading of levetiracetam is well tolerated and facilitates stabilization and discharge of patients in epilepsy monitoring units (EMU)...
- In-hospital mortality of generalized convulsive status epilepticus: a large US sampleMohamad Koubeissi
Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
Neurology 69:886-93. 2007..To evaluate the in-hospital mortality associated with generalized convulsive status epilepticus (GCSE), and predictors of death in a large US cohort...
- A case of levetiracetam-induced thrombocytopeniaRoger Oghlakian
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Epileptic Disord 12:335-7. 2010..After ruling out all other possible causes of a decreased platelet count, we conclude that levetiracetam was the cause of this adverse event...
- Visual naming performance after ATL resection: impact of atypical language dominanceS Kovac
Neurological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH, USA Department of Neurology, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Neuropsychologia 48:2221-5. 2010..To characterize the interaction between language dominance and lateralization of the epileptic focus for pre- and postoperative Boston Naming Test (BNT) performance in patients undergoing anterior temporal lobectomy (ATL)...
- Cerebellar and thalamic stimulation treatment for epilepsyG L Krauss
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Acta Neurochir Suppl 97:347-56. 2007....