U R Kotagal
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Health system factors contributing to breastfeeding successL W Kuan
Division of Neonatology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Pediatrics 104:e28. 1999..To identify and characterize health care system factors that contribute to successful breastfeeding in the early postpartum period...
- Safety of early discharge for Medicaid newbornsU R Kotagal
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, and the Institute of Health Policy and Health Services Research, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
JAMA 282:1150-6. 1999..Neonates are being discharged from the hospital more rapidly, but the risks associated with this practice, especially for low-income populations, are unclear...
- Sustaining the implementation of an evidence-based guideline for bronchiolitisP H Perlstein
Division of Health Policy and Clinical Effectiveness, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 154:1001-7. 2000..To describe the changes occurring over a 3-year period after implementation of an evidence-based clinical practice guideline for the care of infants with bronchiolitis...
- Evaluation of an evidence-based guideline for bronchiolitisP H Perlstein
Division of Health Policy, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Pediatrics 104:1334-41. 1999..To describe the effect of implementing an evidence-based clinical practice guideline for the inpatient care of infants with bronchiolitis at the Children's Hospital Medical Center in Cincinnati, Ohio...
- Physician variations and the ancillary costs of neonatal intensive careP H Perlstein
University of Cincinnati, OH 45267 0541, USA
Health Serv Res 32:299-311. 1997..We conclude that for very sick babies during the first two weeks of care, reducing variations in ancillary services utilization among neonatologists will yield only modest savings...
- Haemodynamic effects of respiratory alkalosis independent of changes in airway pressure in anaesthetized newborn dogsJ H Reuter
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267
J Dev Physiol 12:283-6. 1989..We speculate the decrease in filling pressure may be due to an increase in venous capacitance...
- Hepatitis B vaccine use in Cincinnati: a community's response to the AAP recommendation of universal hepatitis B immunizationR M Siegel
Division of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229
J Natl Med Assoc 86:444-8. 1994..We conclude that in our community there is widespread concern about the financial practicality and scientific merit of universal HBV immunization, and many practitioners will not comply with the AAP recommendation...