Affiliation: University of California
- ONYX-015: mechanisms of action and clinical potential of a replication-selective adenovirusS Ries
MediGene AG, Lochhamer Strasse 11, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Br J Cancer 86:5-11. 2002..We discuss the molecular biology of this therapeutic approach and the interesting results obtained with this virus in clinical trials...
- Prevention and management of early esophageal cancerW Michael Korn
University of California, 2340 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 5:405-16. 2004..For patients with adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction with submucosal involvement, adjuvant chemoradiation should be considered because of its potential to increase survival...
- Expression of the coxsackievirus- and adenovirus receptor in gastrointestinal cancer correlates with tumor differentiationW M Korn
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 13:792-7. 2006..These data indicate that CAR expression is frequently altered in gastrointestinal malignancy, potentially reducing the efficacy of adenovirus-based therapies...
- Chromosome arm 20q gains and other genomic alterations in colorectal cancer metastatic to liver, as analyzed by comparative genomic hybridization and fluorescence in situ hybridizationW M Korn
Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, 94143, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 25:82-90. 1999..By FISH, we identified subregions on chromosome arm 20q that are frequently involved in DNA amplifications in colorectal cancer and that may harbor candidate proto-oncogenes...
- RNA interference-mediated knockdown of p21(WAF1) enhances anti-tumor cell activity of oncolytic adenovirusesM Shiina
Division of Gastroenterology and Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0128, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 16:810-9. 2009..These observations suggest that p21(WAF1) plays a role in mediating replication of oncolytic viruses with potential implications for adenoviral therapy of cancer...
- Transforming growth factor-beta receptor inhibition enhances adenoviral infectability of carcinoma cells via up-regulation of Coxsackie and Adenovirus Receptor in conjunction with reversal of epithelial-mesenchymal transitionMarkus D Lacher
Division of Gastroenterology and Hematology Oncology, University of California San Francisco Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Res 66:1648-57. 2006..These findings show down-regulation of CAR in the context of EMT and suggest that combination of therapeutic adenoviruses and TGF-beta receptor inhibitors could be an efficient anticancer strategy...
- The Adenovirus Receptor CAR in Epithelial MalignanciesWOLFGANG KORN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Experimentally Validated Mathematical Modeling of Oncolytic Virus InfectionWOLFGANG KORN; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the results of these studies will be applicable to other types of cancer, thus potentially contribute to improving the treatment outcome for many cancer patients in the future. ..