W Michael Korn
Affiliation: University of California
- A dynamical systems model for combinatorial cancer therapy enhances oncolytic adenovirus efficacy by MEK-inhibitionNeda Bagheri
Department of Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 7:e1001085. 2011..Enhanced oncolytic therapy has the potential to dramatically improve non-surgical cancer treatment, especially in locally advanced or metastatic cases where treatment options remain limited...
- Subtype-specific MEK-PI3 kinase feedback as a therapeutic target in pancreatic adenocarcinomaOlga K Mirzoeva
Corresponding Author W Michael Korn, UCSF Divisions of Gastroenterology and Hematology Oncology, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, 2340 Sutter St, Box 1387, San Francisco, CA 94115
Mol Cancer Ther 12:2213-25. 2013..Thus, our findings suggest a new, subtype-specific, and personalized therapeutic strategy for pancreatic cancer...
- ZEB1 limits adenoviral infectability by transcriptionally repressing the coxsackie virus and adenovirus receptorMarkus D Lacher
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Mol Cancer 10:91. 2011..While EMT is crucial in embryonic development, it has been proposed to contribute to the formation of invasive and metastatic carcinomas by reducing cell-cell contacts and increasing cell migration...
- A phase II study of bevacizumab plus erlotinib for gemcitabine-refractory metastatic pancreatic cancerAndrew H Ko
University of California at San Francisco Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero Street, 4th Floor, Box 1705, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:1051-7. 2010..Based on potential for additive or synergistic activity by concurrent inhibition of VEGF and EGFR, we conducted a phase II study evaluating the combination of bevacizumab plus erlotinib in this patient population...
- Prevention and management of early esophageal cancerW Michael Korn
University of California, 2340 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 5:405-16. 2004..For patients with adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction with submucosal involvement, adjuvant chemoradiation should be considered because of its potential to increase survival...
- Inhibition of the Raf/MEK/ERK pathway up-regulates expression of the coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor in cancer cellsMario Anders
Cancer Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Cancer Res 63:2088-95. 2003....
- Basal subtype and MAPK/ERK kinase (MEK)-phosphoinositide 3-kinase feedback signaling determine susceptibility of breast cancer cells to MEK inhibitionOlga K Mirzoeva
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer Res 69:565-72. 2009....