Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Platelet-derived growth factor stimulates Src-dependent mRNA stabilization of specific early genes in fibroblastsPaul A Bromann
Laboratory of Signal Regulation and Cancer, Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
J Biol Chem 280:10253-63. 2005..Our data suggest that PDGF regulates gene expression through an SFK-specific pathway that is distinct from the Ras-MAPK and PI3K pathways, and that SFKs signal gene expression by enhancing mRNA stability...
- Selective targeting of cancer stem cells: a new concept in cancer therapeuticsHasan Korkaya
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
BioDrugs 21:299-310. 2007....
- HER2 and breast cancer stem cells: more than meets the eyeHasan Korkaya
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cancer Res 73:3489-93. 2013..Furthermore, these studies suggest that effective adjuvant therapies may need to target the CSC population...
- Breast cancer stem cells: we've got them surroundedHasan Korkaya
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:511-3. 2013..New evidence suggests that an important interaction between the interleukin (IL)-8 receptor CXCR1/2 and HER2 is involved in this regulation. Simultaneous targeting of these pathways provides a novel therapeutic approach...
- Activation of an IL6 inflammatory loop mediates trastuzumab resistance in HER2+ breast cancer by expanding the cancer stem cell populationHasan Korkaya
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5942, USA
Mol Cell 47:570-84. 2012..These studies demonstrate that trastuzumab resistance may be mediated by an IL6 inflammatory loop and suggest that blocking this loop may provide alternative strategy to overcome trastuzumab resistance...
- HER2 regulates the mammary stem/progenitor cell population driving tumorigenesis and invasionH Korkaya
Department of Internal Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Oncogene 27:6120-30. 2008..Furthermore, the clinical efficacy of trastuzumab may relate to its ability to target the cancer stem cell population in HER2-amplified tumors...
- Regulation of mammary stem/progenitor cells by PTEN/Akt/beta-catenin signalingHasan Korkaya
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
PLoS Biol 7:e1000121. 2009....
- [The cancer stem cell: the breast cancer driver]Christophe Ginestier
University of Michigan Medical Center, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Int Med Hematology Oncology, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Med Sci (Paris) 23:1133-9. 2007..This model has fundamental implications for breast cancer treatment. The development of specific therapeutics that target this population is an important focus for the future...