Richelle J Koopman
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Evaluating multivariate risk scores for clinical decision makingRichelle J Koopman
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Fam Med 40:412-6. 2008..These tools may grow in importance and use with increasing utilization of electronic health records...
- Tool to assess likelihood of fasting glucose impairment (TAG-IT)Richelle J Koopman
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Ann Fam Med 6:555-61. 2008..We created a tool to identify those likely to have undetected hyperglycemia...
- Obesity and metabolic diseaseRichelle J Koopman
Curtis W and Ann H Long Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Prim Care 36:257-70. 2009..Testing should be considered at a younger age or performed more frequently for those who are overweight and have 1 or more risk factors for diabetes...
- A diabetes dashboard and physician efficiency and accuracy in accessing data needed for high-quality diabetes careRichelle J Koopman
Curtis W and Ann H Long Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:398-405. 2011..We compared use of a new diabetes dashboard screen with use of a conventional approach of viewing multiple electronic health record (EHR) screens to find data needed for ambulatory diabetes care...
- Consistency of patient preferences about a secure internet-based patient communications portal: contemplating, enrolling, and usingDouglas S Wakefield
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:494-502. 2012..These differences have potential market implications and provide insight into selecting and maintaining portal functions of greater interest to patients who use the portal...
- Internet use by primary care patients: where is the digital divide?Robin L Kruse
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia 65212, USA
Fam Med 44:342-7. 2012..We examined how primary care patients use the Internet, particularly patient characteristics associated with Internet use...
- Issues and questions to consider in implementing secure electronic patient-provider web portal communications systemsDouglas S Wakefield
Center for Health Care Quality and Department of Health Management and Informatics, University of Missouri, MO 65212, USA
Int J Med Inform 79:469-77. 2010..However, healthcare organizations face significant challenges in providing such highly personal and sensitive communication in an effective and user-friendly manner...
- Automated technology to speed recognition of signs of illness in older adultsMarilyn J Rantz
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 38:18-23. 2012..05). Technological methods such as these could be widely adopted in older adult housing, long-term care settings, and in private homes where older adults wish to remain independent for as long as possible...
- Improving nurse care coordination with technologyMarilyn J Rantz
Sinclair School of Nursing and Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 28:325-32. 2010..With early detection, interventions can be more effective and reduce hospitalization and other healthcare expenses. Case studies are presented, and implications are discussed...
- Developing a comprehensive electronic health record to enhance nursing care coordination, use of technology, and researchMarilyn J Rantz
Sinclair School of Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65279, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 36:13-7. 2010....