Genomes and Genes
Michele Y F Kong
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Matrix metalloproteinase activity in pediatric acute lung injuryMichele Y F Kong
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Int J Med Sci 6:9-17. 2009..These results identify a specific repertoire of MMP isoforms in the lung secretions of pediatric ALI patients, and demonstrate inverse changes in MMPs -8 and -9 with protracted disease...
- Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Mediates RSV Infection in Vitro and in VivoMichele Y F Kong
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, PPS 102, 1600 5th Ave South, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Viruses 7:4230-53. 2015..Reduction of MMP-9 (via siRNA knockdown, and in MMP-9 KO mice) resulted in decreased viral replication. Our findings suggest MMP-9 is a potential therapeutic target for RSV disease. ..
- Respiratory syncytial virus infection disrupts monolayer integrity and function in cystic fibrosis airway cellsMichele Kong
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35233, USA
Viruses 5:2260-71. 2013..Here we examined RSV infection in immortalized bronchial epithelial cells (CFBE41o-) expressing wild-type (wt) or F508del cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR), for monolayer integrity and RSV replication...
- Is hyperglycemia really harmful? A critical appraisal of "Persistent hyperglycemia in critically ill children" by Faustino and Apkon (J Pediatr 2005; 146:30-34)Michele Y F Kong
Pediatric Critical Care, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:482-5. 2007..To review the findings and to discuss the implications of hyperglycemia in critically ill children...
- Early elevation of matrix metalloproteinase-8 and -9 in pediatric ARDS is associated with an increased risk of prolonged mechanical ventilationMichele Y F Kong
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22596. 2011....
- Pulmonary matrix metalloproteinase-9 activity in mechanically ventilated children with respiratory syncytial virusMichele Y F Kong
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Eur Respir J 43:1086-96. 2014....