Genomes and Genes
Douglas J Kominsky
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- An endogenously anti-inflammatory role for methylation in mucosal inflammation identified through metabolite profilingDouglas J Kominsky
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 186:6505-14. 2011..Taken together, these results identify a global change in methylation, which during inflammation, translates to an overall protective role in mucosal epithelia...
- Abnormalities in glucose uptake and metabolism in imatinib-resistant human BCR-ABL-positive cellsDouglas J Kominsky
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3442-50. 2009..In summary, elevated glucose uptake and nonoxidative glycolytic metabolic phenotype can be used as sensitive markers for early detection of imatinib resistance in BCR-ABL-positive cells...
- Metabolic characteristics of imatinib resistance in chronic myeloid leukaemia cellsJelena Klawitter
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80045, USA
Br J Pharmacol 158:588-600. 2009..Early detection of resistance development is crucial for imatinib-based treatment in chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) patients. We aimed to distinguish metabolic markers of cell resistance to imatinib...
- IFN-γ-mediated induction of an apical IL-10 receptor on polarized intestinal epitheliaDouglas J Kominsky
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045
J Immunol 192:1267-76. 2014..Together, these results provide novel insight into the crucial and underappreciated role of epithelial IL-10 signaling in the maintenance and restitution of epithelial barrier and of the temporal regulation of these pathways by IFN-γ. ..
- Resolvin E1-induced intestinal alkaline phosphatase promotes resolution of inflammation through LPS detoxificationEric L Campbell
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14298-303. 2010..Together, these data implicate a previously unappreciated role for ALPI in RvE1-mediated inflammatory resolution...
- Transmigrating neutrophils shape the mucosal microenvironment through localized oxygen depletion to influence resolution of inflammationEric L Campbell
Mucosal Inflammation Program, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA Electronic address
Immunity 40:66-77. 2014..In conclusion, transcriptional imprinting by infiltrating neutrophils modulates the host response to inflammation, via localized O2 depletion, resulting in microenvironmental hypoxia and effective inflammatory resolution. ..
- Anti-inflammatory actions of adrenomedullin through fine tuning of HIF stabilizationChristopher F MacManus
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado, USA
FASEB J 25:1856-64. 2011..Taken together, these results identify ADM as an endogenously generated vascular mediator that functions as a mucosal protective factor through fine tuning of HIF activity...
- IFN-γ attenuates hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) activity in intestinal epithelial cells through transcriptional repression of HIF-1βLouise E Glover
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 186:1790-8. 2011..These observations are relevant to the pathophysiology of colitis (i.e., that loss of HIF signaling during active inflammation may exacerbate disease pathogenesis)...
- HIF1A reduces acute lung injury by optimizing carbohydrate metabolism in the alveolar epitheliumTobias Eckle
Organ Protection Program, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS Biol 11:e1001665. 2013..Therefore, we hypothesized that mechanical ventilation and concomitant stretch-exposure of pulmonary epithelia could activate endogenous pathways important in lung protection...
- Control of creatine metabolism by HIF is an endogenous mechanism of barrier regulation in colitisLouise E Glover
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, and Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:19820-5. 2013..These findings establish a role for HIF-regulated CK in epithelial homeostasis and reveal a fundamental link between cellular bioenergetics and mucosal barrier. ..
- Central role for endothelial human deneddylase-1/SENP8 in fine-tuning the vascular inflammatory responseStefan F Ehrentraut
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Medicine and Immunology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 190:392-400. 2013..Moreover, our findings provide feasibility for therapeutic targeting of the Culs during inflammation...
- Contributions of neutrophils to resolution of mucosal inflammationSean P Colgan
Department of Medicine and the Mucosal Inflammation Program, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Immunol Res 55:75-82. 2013..Here, we highlight several recent examples of how PMN coordinate the resolution of ongoing inflammation, with a particular focus on the gastrointestinal mucosa...
- Metabolic shifts in immunity and inflammationDouglas J Kominsky
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 184:4062-8. 2010..Such phenotypic shifts can imprint fundamental changes to tissue metabolism. In this study, we review recent work addressing metabolic changes and metabolic control of inflammation and immunity...
- Use of the 1-mm micro-probe for metabolic analysis on small volume biological samplesNatalie J Serkova
Biomedical MRI MRS Cancer Center Core, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:1933-41. 2009..In this study, the use of the Bruker 1-mm micro-probe provides a convenient way to measure and quantify endogenous metabolic profiles of samples with a very low volume/weight/cell count...
- Enhanced leukocyte HIF-1alpha and HIF-1 DNA binding in humans after rapid ascent to 4300 mMartha C Tissot van Patot
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado at Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:1551-7. 2009..001), as were urinary 15-F(2t)-isoprostanes (p=0.037). HIF-1 DNA binding and HIF-1alpha were elevated in vivo in leukocytes of healthy human subjects exposed to 12% oxygen, in association with plasma and urinary markers of hypoxic stress...
- Increased susceptibility of natural killer T-cell-deficient mice to acetaminophen-induced liver injuryBrittany V Martin-Murphy
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Hepatology 57:1575-84. 2013..Compared to WT mice, starvation of NKT cell-deficient mice induced a higher increase of ketone bodies, which up-regulate CYP2E1 through protein stabilization...
- Adora2b-elicited Per2 stabilization promotes a HIF-dependent metabolic switch crucial for myocardial adaptation to ischemiaTobias Eckle
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, USA
Nat Med 18:774-82. 2012....
- Glutamine-mediated attenuation of cellular metabolic dysfunction and cell death after injury is dependent on heat shock factor-1 expressionZhi Yong Peng
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, 80262, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 30:373-8; discussion 379. 2006..We hypothesize that GLN's attenuation of cellular metabolic dysfunction is dependent on presence of heat shock factor-1 (HSF-1)...
- Defective leukocyte GM-CSF receptor (CD116) expression and function in inflammatory bowel diseaseJonathan I Goldstein
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Gastroenterology 141:208-16. 2011..In this regard, there is much interest in therapies that activate innate immunity (eg, recombinant granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor)...
- Metabolic regulation in the lactating mammary gland: a lipid synthesizing machineMichael C Rudolph
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Fitzsimmons, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Physiol Genomics 28:323-36. 2007..They also implicate the transcription factor SREBP-1c in regulation of part of the pathway...