Genomes and Genes
Douglas J Kominsky
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- An endogenously anti-inflammatory role for methylation in mucosal inflammation identified through metabolite profilingDouglas J Kominsky
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, University of Colorado Health Science Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 186:6505-14. 2011..Taken together, these results identify a global change in methylation, which during inflammation, translates to an overall protective role in mucosal epithelia...
- Abnormalities in glucose uptake and metabolism in imatinib-resistant human BCR-ABL-positive cellsDouglas J Kominsky
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3442-50. 2009..In summary, elevated glucose uptake and nonoxidative glycolytic metabolic phenotype can be used as sensitive markers for early detection of imatinib resistance in BCR-ABL-positive cells...
- Resolvin E1-induced intestinal alkaline phosphatase promotes resolution of inflammation through LPS detoxificationEric L Campbell
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14298-303. 2010..Together, these data implicate a previously unappreciated role for ALPI in RvE1-mediated inflammatory resolution...
- Metabolic characteristics of imatinib resistance in chronic myeloid leukaemia cellsJelena Klawitter
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80045, USA
Br J Pharmacol 158:588-600. 2009..Early detection of resistance development is crucial for imatinib-based treatment in chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) patients. We aimed to distinguish metabolic markers of cell resistance to imatinib...
- Anti-inflammatory actions of adrenomedullin through fine tuning of HIF stabilizationChristopher F MacManus
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado, USA
FASEB J 25:1856-64. 2011..Taken together, these results identify ADM as an endogenously generated vascular mediator that functions as a mucosal protective factor through fine tuning of HIF activity...
- IFN-γ attenuates hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) activity in intestinal epithelial cells through transcriptional repression of HIF-1βLouise E Glover
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 186:1790-8. 2011..These observations are relevant to the pathophysiology of colitis (i.e., that loss of HIF signaling during active inflammation may exacerbate disease pathogenesis)...
- Central role for endothelial human deneddylase-1/SENP8 in fine-tuning the vascular inflammatory responseStefan F Ehrentraut
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Medicine and Immunology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 190:392-400. 2013..Moreover, our findings provide feasibility for therapeutic targeting of the Culs during inflammation...
- Contributions of neutrophils to resolution of mucosal inflammationSean P Colgan
Department of Medicine and the Mucosal Inflammation Program, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Immunol Res 55:75-82. 2013..Here, we highlight several recent examples of how PMN coordinate the resolution of ongoing inflammation, with a particular focus on the gastrointestinal mucosa...
- Metabolic shifts in immunity and inflammationDouglas J Kominsky
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Immunol 184:4062-8. 2010..Such phenotypic shifts can imprint fundamental changes to tissue metabolism. In this study, we review recent work addressing metabolic changes and metabolic control of inflammation and immunity...
- Enhanced leukocyte HIF-1alpha and HIF-1 DNA binding in humans after rapid ascent to 4300 mMartha C Tissot van Patot
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado at Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 46:1551-7. 2009..001), as were urinary 15-F(2t)-isoprostanes (p=0.037). HIF-1 DNA binding and HIF-1alpha were elevated in vivo in leukocytes of healthy human subjects exposed to 12% oxygen, in association with plasma and urinary markers of hypoxic stress...
- Use of the 1-mm micro-probe for metabolic analysis on small volume biological samplesNatalie J Serkova
Biomedical MRI MRS Cancer Center Core, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:1933-41. 2009..In this study, the use of the Bruker 1-mm micro-probe provides a convenient way to measure and quantify endogenous metabolic profiles of samples with a very low volume/weight/cell count...
- Adora2b-elicited Per2 stabilization promotes a HIF-dependent metabolic switch crucial for myocardial adaptation to ischemiaTobias Eckle
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, USA
Nat Med 18:774-82. 2012....
- Glutamine-mediated attenuation of cellular metabolic dysfunction and cell death after injury is dependent on heat shock factor-1 expressionZhi Yong Peng
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, 80262, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 30:373-8; discussion 379. 2006..Thus, GLN's beneficial effect on cellular metabolic dysfunction and cell survival appears to be dependent on HSF-1 expression...
- Metabolic regulation in the lactating mammary gland: a lipid synthesizing machineMichael C Rudolph
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Fitzsimmons, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Physiol Genomics 28:323-36. 2007..They also implicate the transcription factor SREBP-1c in regulation of part of the pathway...
- Defective leukocyte GM-CSF receptor (CD116) expression and function in inflammatory bowel diseaseJonathan I Goldstein
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Gastroenterology 141:208-16. 2011..In this regard, there is much interest in therapies that activate innate immunity (eg, recombinant granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor)...