Affiliation: University of California
- Molecular mechanisms of compartmentalization and biomineralization in magnetotactic bacteriaArash Komeili
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
FEMS Microbiol Rev 36:232-55. 2012....
- Magnetosomes are cell membrane invaginations organized by the actin-like protein MamKArash Komeili
Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Science 311:242-5. 2006..Thus, it seems that prokaryotes can use cytoskeletal filaments to position organelles within the cell...
- Molecular mechanisms of magnetosome formationArash Komeili
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Annu Rev Biochem 76:351-66. 2007..This review focuses on recent advances in understanding the molecular mechanisms of magnetosome formation and magnetite biomineralization...
- Compartmentalization and organelle formation in bacteriaElias Cornejo
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 111 Koshland Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, United States
Curr Opin Cell Biol 26:132-8. 2014..In addition, magnetosomes and carboxysomes will serve as models to examine the interplay between cytoskeletal systems and the subcellular positioning of organelles. ..
- Interplay between two bacterial actin homologs, MamK and MamK-Like, is required for the alignment of magnetosome organelles in Magnetospirillum magneticum AMB-1Nicole Abreu
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
J Bacteriol 196:3111-21. 2014..Taken together, these experiments suggest that direct interactions between MamK and MamK-like contribute to magnetosome alignment in AMB-1. ..
- Bacterial actins and their diversityErtan Ozyamak
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, United States
Biochemistry 52:6928-39. 2013..Here we review the functional, biochemical, and structural features of the most well-studied bacterial actins. ..
- Genetic and biochemical investigations of the role of MamP in redox control of iron biomineralization in Magnetospirillum magneticumStephanie R Jones
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 1460
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:3904-9. 2015..Finally, in vitro mineralization experiments suggest that Mms mineral-templating peptides from AMB-1 can modulate the iron redox chemistry of MamP. ..
- Biogenesis and subcellular organization of the magnetosome organelles of magnetotactic bacteriaShannon E Greene
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, United States
Curr Opin Cell Biol 24:490-5. 2012..Here, we highlight some of these recent advances with a particular focus on the cell biology of magnetosome formation...