J M Kolesar
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Direct quantification of AD-36 adenovirus DNA by capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescenceJ M Kolesar
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 744:1-8. 2000..These results indicate that direct detection with capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence (CE-LIF) is a reliable and sensitive method for quantifying AD-36 viral DNA...
- A pilot, first-in-human, pharmacokinetic study of 9cUAB30 in healthy volunteersJill M Kolesar
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:1565-70. 2010..018 to 0.103 L/h. 9cUAB30 has a favorable toxicity and pharmacokinetic profile, with oral availability and primarily hepatic metabolism. Further dose ranging studies with once a day dosing are underway...
- Population pharmacokinetics of 3-aminopyridine-2-carboxaldehyde thiosemicarbazone (Triapine®) in cancer patientsJill Kolesar
Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, K4 554, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:393-400. 2011....
- Evaluation of mRNA by Q-RTPCR and protein expression by AQUA of the M2 subunit of ribonucleotide reductase (RRM2) in human tumorsJill Kolesar
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:79-86. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate baseline RRM2 protein and gene expression in tumors of patients receiving 3-AP...
- Electron paramagnetic resonance study of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with refractory solid tumors treated with TriapineJill M Kolesar
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, 600 Highland Avenue, Room K4 554, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Inorg Biochem 102:693-8. 2008..A potential source for the increase in the heme signal is cytochrome c released from the mitochondria. These results provide valuable insight into the in vivo mechanism of action of Triapine...
- The NQO1*2/*2 polymorphism is associated with poor overall survival in patients following resection of stages II and IIIa non-small cell lung cancerJill M Kolesar
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792 5669, USA
Oncol Rep 25:1765-72. 2011..Although the basis for the NQO1 association with decreased survival requires additional evaluation, NQO1 may represent a biomarker for guiding individualized therapy...
- Evaluation of NQO1 gene expression and variant allele in human NSCLC tumors and matched normal lung tissueJill M Kolesar
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, 777 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53706 1515, USA
Int J Oncol 21:1119-24. 2002..007), suggesting NQO1 may be important in chemosensitivity as well as the pathogenesis of lung cancer and NQO1 genotyping may be a useful component of pharmacogenetic strategies for the treatment of NSCLC...
- The maximum tolerated dose and biologic effects of 3-aminopyridine-2-carboxaldehyde thiosemicarbazone (3-AP) in combination with irinotecan for patients with refractory solid tumorsBrian S Choi
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:973-80. 2010..This study was conducted to determine the toxicity and antitumor activity of 3-AP with irinotecan. Correlative studies included pharmacokinetics and the effects of ABCB1 and UGT1A1 polymorphisms...
- A Bayesian adaptive design with biomarkers for targeted therapiesJens C Eickhoff
Department of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Clin Trials 7:546-56. 2010..In traditional clinical trials, treatment effects for various biomarkers are typically evaluated in an exploratory fashion and only limited information about the predictive values of biomarkers obtained...
- A phase II trial of triapine (NSC# 663249) and gemcitabine as second line treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer: Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study 1503Anne M Traynor
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, K6 568 CSC, 5669, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Invest New Drugs 28:91-7. 2010..The objective of ECOG 1503 was to determine the response rate of this combination in the second-line treatment of advanced NSCLC...
- A phase I study of Triapine in combination with doxorubicin in patients with advanced solid tumorsWilliam R Schelman
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, 600 Highland Avenue, K6 568, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 63:1147-56. 2009..To assess the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), pharmacokinetics and antitumor activity of Triapine administered in combination with doxorubicin...
- Pilot study of gefitinib and fulvestrant in the treatment of post-menopausal women with advanced non-small cell lung cancerAnne M Traynor
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, United States
Lung Cancer 64:51-9. 2009..The safety and tolerability of combination therapy with the EGFR inhibitor, gefitinib, and fulvestrant was explored...
- Role of adjuvant chemotherapy in the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancerLindsey Wilhelm
Pharmacy Practice Division, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53705, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:1365-9. 2005..However, further studies are needed to determine the optimal regimen and patient population that would derive the most benefit from this treatment...
- Vorinostat (NSC# 701852) in patients with relapsed non-small cell lung cancer: a Wisconsin Oncology Network phase II studyAnne M Traynor
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Thorac Oncol 4:522-6. 2009..Vorinostat is a small molecule inhibitor of histone deacetylase, and has shown preclinical activity in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Role of trastuzumab in adjuvant therapy for locally invasive breast cancerKatie L Kabe
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:527-33. 2006..The appropriateness of trastuzumab therapy should be considered based on HER2 status, cost, and risk of toxicity...
- Role of sunitinib and sorafenib in the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinomaJon J Hiles
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:123-31. 2008..The role of sunitinib and sorafenib in the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) is reviewed...
- Gene-expression assays: new tools to individualize treatment of early-stage breast cancerElizabeth Dobbe
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705 2222, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:23-8. 2008..The clinical and economic data for the two currently available gene-expression assays are reviewed...
- Assessing therapeutically developed assaysJill M Kolesar
Analytical Instrumentation Laboratory for Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Pharmacogenetics, University of Wisconsin, Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, USA
Manag Care 17:9-12; discussion 17-8. 2008..Economic analyses suggest that appropriate use of clinically validated molecular diagnostics offers the potential for cost savings and improved patient quality of life...
- Pharmacogenetics and irinotecan therapyKristine K Hahn
University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center (UWCCC, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:2211-7. 2006..A molecular assay is now available to identify the at-risk subgroup and should be used by health care professionals to help guide irinotecan-treatment decisions...
- Novel approaches to anemia associated with cancer and chemotherapyJill M Kolesar
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin-Madison, William S. Middleton Veterans Affairs Hospital, Madison, WI, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:S8-11. 2002..No difference in toxicity between the two agents has been reported. Epoetin alfa and darbepoetin alfa are effective in the treatment of anemia in patients with cancer...
- Vorinostat: A novel therapy for the treatment of cutaneous T-cell lymphomaShannon M Kavanaugh
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 67:793-7. 2010..The pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, clinical efficacy, safety, adverse effects, dosage and administration, and role in therapy of vorinostat in the treatment of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL) are reviewed...
- Lapatinib: a small-molecule inhibitor of epidermal growth factor receptor and human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 tyrosine kinases used in the treatment of breast cancerAmye J Tevaarwerk
University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Clin Ther 31:2332-48. 2009..In March 2007, the US Food and Drug Administration approved lapatinib for use in combination with capecitabine in the treatment of advanced breast cancer overexpressing HER2 (HER2+)...
- Bendamustine for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia and rituximab-refractory, indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomaTrevor W Dennie
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Clin Ther 31:2290-311. 2009....
- Clinical and economic value of screening for Kras mutations as predictors of response to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitorsErin E Mancl
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin UW, Madison, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 66:2105-12. 2009..The clinical and economic value of screening for Kras mutations as predictors of response to cetuximab and panitumumab are reviewed...
- Hydroxyurea induced acute elevations in liver function testsMike J Hallam
University of Wisconsin, School of Pharmacy, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Oncol Pharm Pract 14:61-3. 2008..Patients being initiated on HU should be advised that rarely, fevers, chills, nausea, and elevations in liver function tests may occur...
- EGFR dinucleotide repeat polymorphism as a prognostic indicator in non-small cell lung cancerSarita Dubey
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:406-12. 2006..The authors hypothesized that a shorter length of tumor SSR would be associated with poorer survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Mitomycin as a modulator of irinotecan anticancer activityMiguel A Villalona-Calero
Department of Medicine and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 16:21-5. 2002..Based on these encouraging phase I data, phase II clinical trials in breast and esophageal/gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinomas at the recommended doses and schedule are under way...